GI for a 19/20 yr old.

And a meteor could hit the earth. We could have an all out nuclear war. Other life insurance companies could go out of business all because the stock market finally tanked out, etc.

All true - except if the "Other life insurance companies could go out of business" - the policies are picked up State Guaranty Associations . . .

but - in this case - the Master Policy could just not be renewed and then what?

Imagine ole Farmer Joe has one of these and 4 days before his kicks the bucket - the Master Policy dissolves. Then what?

This is the same argument that can be used against fraternal certificates. Are you really trying to use that? Are you the type of agent who will only use non-fraternal companies? Not that there is anything wrong with that, but there are some agents that won't use one for that reason. I have to agree that it is a reason. Not a good one in my opinion, but it is a reason.

This is the same argument that can be used against fraternal certificates. Are you really trying to use that? Are you the type of agent who will only use non-fraternal companies? Not that there is anything wrong with that, but there are some agents that won't use one for that reason. I have to agree that it is a reason. Not a good one in my opinion, but it is a reason.

I hear ya Todd ( got your vm too - thanks ) - I just couldn't put someone that needed a GI policy knowing their ass was gonna die and then it be gone when needed.

since these Association term have waiting periods like SIWL-GI, then they just need to spend a few extra bucks and be safe.

I hear ya Todd ( got your vm too - thanks ) - I just couldn't put someone that needed a GI policy knowing their ass was gonna die and then it be gone when needed.

since these Association term have waiting periods like SIWL-GI, then they just need to spend a few extra bucks and be safe.

And when you run across that 20 year old that needs something...what? Just tell him good luck with that?

My insurance-newbieness is showing again. And it seems like this may be a contentious issue. Is there anyone who could point me to a thread here at the forums that I could read that would actually explain what the debate is over concerning fraternal organizations? Or perhaps an off-site article that is accurate?

My insurance-newbieness is showing again. And it seems like this may be a contentious issue. Is there anyone who could point me to a thread here at the forums that I could read that would actually explain what the debate is over concerning fraternal organizations? Or perhaps an off-site article that is accurate?

I'm sure you can do a search on here and find something about it. Use the words Fraternal, Certificate, and/or State Guarantee Association. Those should pull up something.

Here's one. If you scroll down to the bottom of the page it shows similar threads and lists more.
https://insurance-forums.com/commun...-life-insurance-companies.81798/#post-1095512

Back