Google to Sell Insurance

That has happened for years with most direct client, and also agents back in the day that could bind without a CLUE &MVR. It will state somewhere in the app that is bound blah blah blah and basically anything found after that can cause an increase.
But most don't understand that or read the fine print, I mean why would they they want quick and cheap.
It always has blown my mind that you can't sell insurance without a license but the regular joe can purchase direct with no clue and all is OK.
Pretty nice set up for the online carrier basically no worries of the DOI or a lawsuits

I had a similar situation Friday. It worries me still now. Had someone purchasing a car who couldnt get their agent to respond but needed proof of collision before taking the car off the lot. I had to be the man of the hour to get the sale. Got them a GREAT rate for not having 6 months prior, but the DMV was experiencing an outage. I was allowed to bind coverage with mvr being ordered next week, but it concerns me what will happen then. Too many people who either aren't truthful, or have a REALLY bad memory.

I had a similar situation Friday. It worries me still now. Had someone purchasing a car who couldnt get their agent to respond but needed proof of collision before taking the car off the lot. I had to be the man of the hour to get the sale. Got them a GREAT rate for not having 6 months prior, but the DMV was experiencing an outage. I was allowed to bind coverage with mvr being ordered next week, but it concerns me what will happen then. Too many people who either aren't truthful, or have a REALLY bad memory.
Yes funny how many people forget. When I ask people about incidents and suspension what I have found is if they say no or nothing relatively fast usually I am getting the truth. If I get a pause then the old no or nothing there almost always to be something there when I run CLUE/MVR

I've ran into a lot of older agency owners selling their book now. They seem to this their book will be worthless in a few years. What do you guys think?

Well, my worst fear has come true. Google is now selling auto insurance in California.

Well, my worst fear has come true. Google is now selling auto insurance in California.

Why?

Do you receive web leads from your carrier(s)? I do, and I'll be honest, they are typically a waste of time. I'm not too concerned if I lose the half dozen customers I get a year who shop this way. Even if I do get them, they don't normally stick. I have ONE web lead who will be a 2-year customer come this spring. Otherwise, they are normally good for one term, if that.

Why? Do you receive web leads from your carrier(s)? I do, and I'll be honest, they are typically a waste of time. I'm not too concerned if I lose the half dozen customers I get a year who shop this way. Even if I do get them, they don't normally stick. I have ONE web lead who will be a 2-year customer come this spring. Otherwise, they are normally good for one term, if that.

Let me put it this way. 80% + of all personal lines insurance in the UK are purchased via comparative websites. Trying searching for a independent personal lines agency is the UK. There are not any! All brokers are specialty lines.

Let me put it this way. 80% + of all personal lines insurance in the UK are purchased via comparative websites. Trying searching for a independent personal lines agency is the UK. There are not any! All brokers are specialty lines.

Yep looks like you should just get out of the business.

Yep looks like you should just get out of the business.

Nope, I am going hang in there and make changes as needed, adapt and hopefully stay for the long hall. The ones I feel bad for are the agents like you who are in denial and think all your clients are so loyal they will never leave.

Nope, I am going hang in there and make changes as needed, adapt and hopefully stay for the long hall. The ones I feel bad for are the agents like you who are in denial and think all your clients are so loyal they will never leave.

Ha I once said that. I think over half your posts are boo hoo, cry cry cry Google did something.

Back