Great Western New Applicatiom

Very Very confusing. They pick and chose a few things like Hiv and Cancer and say they're knockouts yet they list a ton of diseases and don't say wether they're knockouts if they've been at the same levels for 2 yrs.All I've ever talked to are customer service reps.I don't even think they have a marketing dept. They know the app is super confusing and tell you"if unsure write the GI".Its amazing that insulin is a knockout if not the same levels for 2 yrs. That's were the contesting of claims will come.Tons of people have a change of dosages over a 2 yr people. I'm staying away from the level . There's too many co's that will take many of these ailments level.

Very Very confusing. They pick and chose a few things like Hiv and Cancer and say they're knockouts yet they list a ton of diseases and don't say wether they're knockouts if they've been at the same levels for 2 yrs.All I've ever talked to are customer service reps.I don't even think they have a marketing dept. They know the app is super confusing and tell you"if unsure write the GI".Its amazing that insulin is a knockout if not the same levels for 2 yrs. That's were the contesting of claims will come.Tons of people have a change of dosages over a 2 yr people. I'm staying away from the level . There's too many co's that will take many of these ailments level.

As I said before though, there is absolutely no reason to write anything with them unless it's level. You can give your client a lower premium by using Gerber or referring them to MoO.

Yes their is. Gerber has a 2 yr chargeback which is brutal. I run into a lot of people with present cancer who could possibly die within a yr. GW only has a 9 month chargeback which is the best out there So when I run into very sick people its worth the risk.I see no use for Gw level really outside maybe Chf level. Is dialysis lever with GW? Liver failure? Als? Kidney disease non dialysis is standard with Ta and ok with Aetna? Any kind of heart ailment outside Chf you can put with Ta if they've been on the medication 2 yrs or longer. Writing risky cases level with Gw you're asking for headaches at claim time if within 2 yrs

I take it straight from their app:

In the last two years, has the applicant been diagnosed with, been prescribed medication for or treated by a healthcare provider for any of the following diseases: Cancer (other than bas l cell carcinoma), Tumor, Insulin-Dependent Diabetes, Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), or Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome-Related Complex (ARC), any Disorder of the Blood, Kidney, Lung, Brain, Heart, Circulatory System or Liver? Maintenance medications are not considered treatment if the prescription has remained the same (or generic equivalent) at the same or decreased dosage for the past two years.

GW is confusing at best, but when they tell me that it's considered a maintenance medication if it has not changed or the dosage has not increased in the past two years...I'm going to run with it!!

Using that interpretation the person could have current cancer, HIV or even full blown AIDS and as long as the medication level had not changed in 2 years, they could get level.. I kind of take it that the maintenance medication those items that they don't mention specific conditions... "any Disorder of the Blood, Kidney, Lung, Brain, Heart, Circulatory System or Liver?"

Using that interpretation the person could have current cancer, HIV or even full blown AIDS and as long as the medication level had not changed in 2 years, they could get level.. I kind of take it that the maintenance medication those items that they don't mention specific conditions... "any Disorder of the Blood, Kidney, Lung, Brain, Heart, Circulatory System or Liver?"

In the UW guide... besides the NH/Hospital question it lists Cancer, Oxygen and Insulin use as KO's for Level.

Ok I see what's going on with the new app. I compared word for word. Gw has added the ability to check the Mib and Rx check to their app. It wasn't in the old app. I bet they'll start checking both on the level app which will make writing this expense piece of junk level worthless.Yet another company that came to mkt without being prepared.

Im thinking I wont be writing very much GW, probably only niche cases like the CHF etc, and their GI, nope, heck when you have SNL I have placed many on the rop that other agents would have just written Gerber, Kemper or NGL. Been placing a few level cases there too.

The health questions are the exact same as far as I can tell. What they did change is part F under agreement. They've added many paragraphs for authorization to obtain health records including mib and Rx. This could be setting up Mib and Rx checks or maybe random. I see no reason to write the immediate benefit as I don't like the ambuiguity of the app. I'm sure agents are clean sheeting this silly but the price for level is outrageous so I guess high claims are built in.

Back