GTL??

Brandy last time I checked companies such as Unicare, BCBS, Assurant, Aetna, Golden Rule and Humana have plans that are HDHP's.

Those are all major medical plans.

STIBroker....your a mean one, yes it is in TX, dagnamit. I think I posted the GA/CO brochure, i will put the brochure up for the rest of the states, my bad.

would like to see it because the product availability chart I got fro GTL this week does not show it listed......

gtl.jpg

Okay, so for those single people with no insurance, maybe even self employed persons, that are relatively healthy and dont go to the doctor but once or twice a year. The ones that, if they have to go to the hospital for an accident (which accounts for 82% of all hospitalizations), want their deductible in the HDHP covered, you dont think eSolution is a plan with solid coverage? If you need BRANDED meds, you probably have to go to doc more than 4x/year. You can get basically anything as a generic these things, my mom, has heart failure, and is on numerous drugs, most of which, she fills generic.

Give me a break. Am I missing somthing? I didnt say eSolution was Major Medical, I said it was HDHP, isnt there a difference?

Please, can i have a different "GURU" chime in?
TIA,
Brandy

If you are serious about selling health insurance, then I would sign with some of the states major players. i.e. Blue Cross, Aetna, Humana, Unicare,
United Healthcare etc. All of these carriers have good plans, none of these "Optional Benefits" to add on. Their coverage will be better and more than likely they will cost less than GTL.
Most importantly they have Name recognition. This is a MAJOR advantage to have.
Anyway just my opinion.

I will say that Brandy doesn't appear to be the "sleazy scum mega type" that shows up on the forum touting sub-par products.. It sounds to me like she is willing to learn and just needs some mentoring.

This just shows you that lack of agent training and education is a big problem/liability in our business.

Brandy, you should check out healthagent's association. It would help you out quite a bit being a new agent. Independent Health Insurance Agent Association (And no, I'm not an affiliate or any way compensated; I honestly think John P. is out there to help people like Brandy)

By compliant, I meant on TDI's terms. Any type of advertisement has to be approved by TDI when using insurance company names and talking about plan benefits. It's best to link to only approved marketing materials and outlines of coverage. The insurance companies you work with can supply these.

What company are you appointed through? (agency, MGA, IMO?)

GTL is really a sub-par product in TX and with the proper training you can offer your clients much better alternatives.

In TX, you need to be appointed with:

Aetna
BC/BS
Celtic
GoldenRule
Humana
Unicare

You can compete with anyone if you have these carriers. PM me if you need help getting appointed. I can also let you know if you're getting the best contracts. A lot of agencies and marketing organizations will try to screw you with super-low commission percentages.

I like you attitude, but you definitely need a lot of guidance.. Do you carry E&O?

BTW.. welcome to the board!

Okay, so for those single people with no insurance, maybe even self employed persons, that are relatively healthy and dont go to the doctor but once or twice a year. The ones that, if they have to go to the hospital for an accident (which accounts for 82% of all hospitalizations), want their deductible in the HDHP covered, you dont think eSolution is a plan with solid coverage? If you need BRANDED meds, you probably have to go to doc more than 4x/year. You can get basically anything as a generic these things, my mom, has heart failure, and is on numerous drugs, most of which, she fills generic.

Give me a break. Am I missing somthing? I didnt say eSolution was Major Medical, I said it was HDHP, isnt there a difference?

Please, can i have a different "GURU" chime in?

TIA,
Brandy

edited for spelling

Can you direct me to your source that shows 82% of all hospitalizations are accident related. I'd like to see where you're getting those stats. Thanks.

Can you direct me to your source that shows 82% of all hospitalizations are accident related. I'd like to see where you're getting those stats. Thanks.

This is the kind of sh*t that continues to give us, and this business a bad name.

The crap comes from agents/IMOs/FMOs/UFOs trying to "sales justify" whatever second-tier junk cover they're suggesting where they have to use a $10,000 deductible with an accident rider just to be competitive (and get their higher comp, which is foremost over what's best for the client.)

No brand name Rx? Maybe you can use a generic - but what if you can't?

Any true insurance professional will tell you that the insurance is not only for the 82% accident (if even true) but the other 18% too.

Sounds like our old buddy mike_golden1 signed her up!

If you need BRANDED meds, you probably have to go to doc more than 4x/year. You can get basically anything as a generic these things, my mom, has heart failure, and is on numerous drugs, most of which, she fills generic.

Give me a break. Am I missing somthing?

You are missing something rather big.

According to PBM Medco, Rx claims comprise up to 22% of total covered claims. Overall, generic are a very small portion of total Rx expenditures.

When you have clients (as I have) with M.S., cancer, C. F., chronic pain then you will understand what it is like to take your script to the pharmacy and have them ring up a med that cost $1500 - $8000 for one months supply.

I suggest you Google the cost of treating any of the major illnesses (such as those listed) and educate yourself. That will do more than anything any of us will post.

I have never . . . never sold a plan with limited or no Rx benefits and I never will.

There is absolutely no need to EVER offer a plan that does not have full Rx benefits when your client can otherwise qualify for a plan with full benefits.

yep, austin, I live in the 512 as well..... what is "not compliant" about it? I just surfed it real quick and did not see a whole lot of probs, maybe I missed something?

I was wondering how Bandy has her name on all these applications but not having a lic. with these companys......

b1.jpg

b3.jpg

b2.jpg

I would have to say tone it down a bit, kay?

She was trying to provide input, she provided info to address concerns, and let's be a bit nice, huh?

It wasn 't liek the Pajama Man response - all my people who paid all that money are using my system and making hundreds of thousands and call me directly or email me because otherwise I won't address your concerns!

Back