Guaranteed Issue - Health Insurance Innovation?

Thanks - I guess I'll have to if necessary. Wouldn't it be great if things turned around after the election and we wouldn't need it? (yeah, I'm a hopelessly positive thinker) And I honestly don't know who he means by Luke? Oh well, I'm having enough of a time working on Std health. Good luck to you and all the agents on this forum.
Sue

Suis, sell the crap, I don't believe that comm. has anything to do with it with you, you honestly think that you are helping people with this kind of junk. As long as you believe in it you'll do well with it.

Sue,
Before you disappear into the sunset, please respond to my post where I had $7644 in ER charges and this great plan only paid $50???
Lets pretend I'm someone who bought this from YOU.
How would you respond?

Sue, Luke is a relatively new member of the forum who, although probably well-intentioned, appears to be clueless about the products he intends to sell. Instead of studying his products he has been posting questions about basic material that he should have researched on his own.

Sue,
Before you disappear into the sunset, please respond to my post where I had $7644 in ER charges and this great plan only paid $50???
Lets pretend I'm someone who bought this from YOU.
How would you respond?

She won't reply because she knows this s*#t is garbage.

Who in their right mind would pay $3348 per year for these types of plans when a claim of $7644 is only covered up to $50??

The answer: No One.

Sorry to hear about your illness! Hope you are ok now.

I see $50 for emergency room visit
Dr. fee $50
But you get $5000 for removal of kidney stone
Did they have to drain the kidney? I see another $5k available for that. etc.
OR Explore the kidney - $5,000
So, maybe at least you get the $10k if it's done in one surgery.

I didn't check out the other benefits you might get.
To me, that's better than no coverage at all unless you can afford to self insure.

I don't like that there is only one surgery per year but heavens - I would hope no one would need more in a year.

There are clients who take a $5000 deductible and have no outpatient coverage, or ambulance or dr. visits or labs as an outpatient, depending on the carrier and plan. (Now with preventive care though - it should be a better coverage unless they can't afford the premium.)

I'm also thinking of offering Designed Solutions instead. Still checking them out.
(I spend too much time checking out what changes are happening with current carriers! And reading this forum!)

I get that you think it's "crap" but that's your opinion. I value your opinon and those of my learned colleagues on this forum - that's why I asked!
With McDonald's pass on it - looks like a LOT of people will be using it.

Perhaps I get the clients that aren't in the Upper Income bracket? So, I'll keep trying to find alternatives.

And I'll make sure that the client understands the limits of a GI plan. I hope I don't have to sell one but I will if it's necessary.

btw - may I ask what plan DO you have? Did you like what it covered? (I'm always asking people that)
:idea:
Have a successful day!
Sue

I was recently in our local hospital er outpatient (4 hours) for a kidney stone.
The ER room was $7191.94
The physician fee was $275.
I went here, Health Essential
and for me, the best plan is $279/month.
According to the schedule of benefits, this plan would pay $50.
Someone please prove to me this plan is not crap!
I would guess the loss ratio on this crap at less than 5% of paid premium.

Sue
I was in the ER for 4 hours. No surgery. No hospital admit. I was seen by the ER physician, monitored, given pain Rx's, and then released.
No other treatment.
Under the Max1500 Health Essential, which would cost me $279/month, I only see $50 in plan benefits.
BTW, the "Doctor Office Visit" only applies at the "Doctors Office".
I only see $50 in plan benefits??????
So I pay $279/month ($3348/year) for a $50 plan benefit?
How can you sleep at night knowing you sell $hit for a living?

Oh, sorry I thought you had the surgery.
I gues you'd ask for the contracted rate since website says it's given if in network.
And I guess you'd try to work with your dr. to NOT go to the emergency room if you were only seen by the ER physician, monitored, etc. As my cousin did when she had a kidney stone problem.

And do the same things some people do when they have $20k deductible because that's all they can afford.

However, I'm sure you won't accept this.
Again, if you had a high deductible - what would you have paid - you seem to skirt the questions I ask you.
There are standard plans which do not cover labs and x-rays. or even emergency care OR urgent care, etc. (sometimes unless admitted)

I have ignored your obvious insults but if you can't be civil and continue an intelligent expression of opinion and debate, then I think you should just stop posting to me as I will not respond.

I sleep very well because I do not chastise others for what they do. I try to understand and try to help if I can.

You seem to think that's all I do for a living is sell GI. I don't. I haven't even sold one yet! So take a breath. I still see a need for a GI plan and if You don't, that's YOUR opinion of which I am no longer asking for OK?
Sue
PS I've been meaning to ask - what is the car in your pix - is that yours? My husband and son are into restoration as we own an auto body repair/mechanical shop, too!

quote=DS4;312696]Sue
I was in the ER for 4 hours. No surgery. No hospital admit. I was seen by the ER physician, monitored, given pain Rx's, and then released.
No other treatment.
Under the Max1500 Health Essential, which would cost me $279/month, I only see $50 in plan benefits.
BTW, the "Doctor Office Visit" only applies at the "Doctors Office".
I only see $50 in plan benefits??????
So I pay $279/month ($3348/year) for a $50 plan benefit?
How can you sleep at night knowing you sell $hit for a living?[/quote]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Thanks for the explanation Arnguy - voice of reason!
I was thinking Star Wars
:1confused:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Forgot to add - and off topic for a minute - promise not to do it again - the Challenger in my Avatar belongs to my son-in-law - I think it speaks for itself to those of you who know these things and why a young man likes to race.
:1cool:

Last edited:
Again, if you had a high deductible - what would you have paid - you seem to skirt the questions I ask you.

I have a $2500 Deductible HSA Compatible Plan through Blue Shield of California. After the 2500 deductible, I pay 20%. Once my out of pocket is $4000, Blue Shield then pays 100%.
I pay $507/month premium for this plan.
I attached my explanation of benefits for my ER visit.

PS I've been meaning to ask - what is the car in your pix - is that yours?
Yes. My car. It is a 1969 Pro Touring Camaro with a 502 Chevy Ram Jet EFI crate engine. It is an open road race car.

Attachments

• Enloe Hospital EOB.pdf
    241.6 KB · Views: 12
Back