Guaranteed Issue - Health Insurance Innovation?

The irony is all of this is these were specifically the kinds of plans Obama was trying to kill. Plans that "weren't there" when people needed expensive treatment.

Not to be disrespectful but what then IS "there" for these people? They don't always qualify for hipaa nor PCIP. Tell me what you would say to them please.

The irony is all of this is these were specifically the kinds of plans Obama was trying to kill. Plans that "weren't there" when people needed expensive treatment.

Honesty works.

If they can't get on an employer plan, Medicaid, Medicare, PCIP, risk pool, HIPAA conversion, open enrollment, carrier of last resort, GI major med (in some states) then there are no options.

In spite of the rhetoric, there are ways for people to have insurance, even AFTER they get sick. A good number of those whining about insurance companies turning them down failed to act responsibly when they were healthy.

It's like the folks standing outside a burned out apartment building claiming they lost everything because they did not have renters insurance.

It is not my place to take care of those who are capable of being a responsible adult but choose to shirk those duties and act like a child. I am sorry their apartment burned or they don't have a way to pay for medical treatment but if they had the opportunity and ability to pay for insurance I don't feel responsible for making up for them being a slacker.

Suis, some people cannot be helped, you want to talk about the way things should be not the way they are. You can't have well people unless you have sick people, you have to have poor people in order to have rich people, so on and so on. Men were not created equal, I do'nt care what the dems. say

I hear what you're saying and I value your experience. Part of the reason I became a broker was to help people.

I'm not a Dem :1eek: and I'm not heartless. I also feel I'm honest. I see many sides of this topic and I think I'm in the middle. I thank you very much for your input and I am definitely going to give this more careful thought.
Sue

Doctors can't cure everyone. Big government can't provide everything for everyone. The police cannot 100% prevent crime and firefighters cannot save every home.

Why should your job be any different?

MY GA wants me to sign on to sell to uninsurable.
website is:
HIIQUOTE
Anyone signed up with them?
"Insured Benefits Provided By:
United States Fire Insurance Company , Rated “A” by A.M. Best Reports"
Website states it's approved in my state.
Offers short term and GI
Free leads
I welcome all advice, suggestions, thoughts, opinions, etc.
Thanks!
Sue
Ignore all the negative agents, they are the unsuccessful ones.
I never met a whiner yet who made any real money!
When people fail conventional underwriting, but cannot afford the State risk pool plans, The limited Indemnity or Mini med plans as they are often called, make for an affordable solution for their anxiety.
There is no shame in selling insurance, when your products are clearly presented. I sell about 80 - 100 major medical plans every month, and a few of these plans are sold as well. In fact, I sell the particular one you have mentioned here! The 40% commission is not hard to take either, lol !
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
MY GA wants me to sign on to sell to uninsurable.
website is:
HIIQUOTE
Anyone signed up with them?
"Insured Benefits Provided By:
United States Fire Insurance Company , Rated “A” by A.M. Best Reports"
Website states it's approved in my state.
Offers short term and GI
Free leads
I welcome all advice, suggestions, thoughts, opinions, etc.
Thanks!
Sue
Good product! I've been selling it since it's inception! and have been dealing with the same people for over 25 years!

Last edited:
Its JUNK.

Nothing more nothing less.

Those that sell it are only interested in their commissions (as indicated above)

There is only 2 winners with those plans.......the organizations that set them up and the agents that peddle them (notice the insured is not included in this)

They are expensive for what they provide and because they don't pay anything its almost always better to self insure.

I don't know why insurance agents think that they have to help everyone.

How are those agents that sold AIM doing now?

Back