Guidance for New Life Agents

... maybe FE has more in common with traditional life insurance than we sometimes think!

I took Tom's boot camp last week and it was a fantastic experience.

Yes, Yes, so it begins. Let it flow through you. The light, the light, come out of the darkness to the warm light ......

Yes

giphy.gif

Yes, Yes, so it begins. Let it flow through you. The light, the light, come out of the darkness to the warm light ......

I was already looking at some ideas as to how to use cash value life insurance not only for the death benefit (though this is still of prime importance, imo), but also for the living benefits it is capable of conferring. Tom Love's boot camp was outstanding in this regard.

I know that sometimes I discuss that I don't like certain insurance marketing organizations... but the truth is... is that some CAREER agencies are even worse... because you have to be FULL-TIME with them.

I just got this agency ranking as of this month for my prior MassMutual agency. This is for a MAJOR agency in a LARGE metropolitan area. (I blocked out the names on the report and they're not the only agency in SoCal - I think there's 5 or so.)

This agency has 48 associates and did a total of $204,000 of commissions for the month. This is an average of only $4,250 PER associate. The rankings are their annual progress towards Leaders Club, Blue Chip Council, etc. "LADLWS" stands for Life, Annuity, Disability, LTC, and Worksite.

It is important to remember that these commissions are based on the 55% New York compensation rule... so you can essentially double it for their total premium production.

I truly hope, for these associates sake, that they are producing premium for OTHER companies that wouldn't show up on this report... because these numbers are sad.

Btw, they got a new General Agent in 2012... so I can't say it was my original GA's fault. That's why I wonder if it's a "company culture" issue going on?

ALSO... it makes me wonder if the SENIOR or EXPERIENCED agents are just doing a bunch of JOINT WORK with the NEW agents... because the experienced agents don't know how to market for themselves and the entire agency relies on NEW people and who THEY know to generate new premium???

"Hire 'em in masses, teach 'em in classes, sell all their family and friends, and fire their ***es." would seem to be the theme, if I look at the numbers in that way?

So yes, you CAN "learn" things at a captive career agency... but unless they've got some serious bonuses going on... or you've got some STELLAR performers there... I don't see why it makes sense to stay? Well, at least in this case.

Attachments

• MassMutual Oct 2019 Leaders ranking (blanked out).pdf
    76.2 KB · Views: 7
Earlier in this thread, I posted about Tom Love and The Breakaway League - being a mentorship/membership group.

@DayTimer and I just had this conversation about his first case with Tom Love!

TBL testimonial 1.png TBL testimonial 2.png TBL testimonial 3.png

So, not only did he have a FANTASTIC case... but it's also a testament regarding prejudging leads and people before you meet with them.

Congratulations @DayTimer !!

So, not only did he have a FANTASTIC case... but it's also a testament regarding prejudging leads and people before you meet with them.

FWIW, the agent who passed me the lead didn't want to work it because it was out of her area, the client never responded to the voicemail messages, and when the agent went to door knock it the road was closed and under construction. I just got lucky. Truth of the matter is that this would not have been a final expense sale and if it weren't for the training I've gotten from Tom at ON I would not have had a case.

At the same time, this property and house had FE written all of over it.

It was a FB-FE lead generated by Thad, and it was 5 months old.

Back