Guidance for New Life Agents

Just found this on Facebook. In my opinion, having ONLY your "project 200" is a poor way to begin a career. However, not having enough conviction in the value you can bring... will lead to things like this:

He was a friend of mine.jpg

Why do you do what you do?

In 2010, I attended a regional conference for Ohio National and I heard Thomas Love speak to about 40 agents. It was an incredible presentation.

He later gave the same presentation at the 2011 MDRT:

In 2015, Tom Love presented again at the MDRT - "What do you do for a living? Does the answer matter?"
What do you for a living? Does the answer matter?

Emily Prendiville, another advisor in Tom Love's group, also presented at the MDRT in 2015 - "Set the stage: Life insurance is not a need - it is a WANT!"
Set the stage: Life insurance is not a need — it is a WANT!

Tom Love is a top Ohio National producer well into the 7-figure income as well as an AALU board member.

I "friended" him on Facebook and invited him to the forum's Facebook group. (See? If you're not on that page, you're REALLY missing out!) He has been participating and sharing some FANTASTIC information on how to reposition yourself and your value proposition - not based on WHAT you do - but WHY you do it.

Tom and Emily reference 3 people and sources of inspiration and information in their MDRT presentations:

Simon Sinek - Start with Why:

Coach Micheal Burt's "Person of Interest":
Amazon product ASIN B07QZF4XDF
The Challenger Sale:
Amazon product ASIN 1591844355
As a result, Tom Love has created a prospecting concept called "Your EOS" - Explanation of Services. It's based on starting with why you do what you do, instead of what you actually do. Or rather What you do simply PROVES Why you do it.

Now, these resources are inexpensive, but they will FUNDAMENTALLY change the way you go about your self-promotion.

Now, here's what one FB page member said after my phone conversation with him:
In my last few client appointments, I have used your advice on the EOS, and have more or less stolen yours, "I believe.... I am on a crusade... so that...." (and it's very genuine and authentic, I had just never put it into an introductory statement to set the tone for the meeting). Yesterday I opened a case that could be around $20,000 AP for a 71 yr old guy who between he and his wife have around $600-700k of pretax money. He hates IRS, Federal Reserve & big banks, and I only found that out because of the stated EOS. I used many of Van Mueller's questions, and as we talked, he said, "You know, I've heard that there are types of life insurance policies that can solve this problem"... and instead of peeing my pants, I calmly said, yeah there is, and some of my clients have used that strategy to solve big problems. Generally speaking, they all had a few things in common, which are... (then I described HIS situation). Listen, I've got to get going to another Appointment, but if you want to learn more I can come back next week with more information..." Now whether he takes action or whether he can qualify remains to be seen, but the approach is resonating with people now that I've used it a few times and am comfortable with it. Big things ahead!

Same page member, different occurrence:
You're not going to believe this, but I just got an email from a guy I met with a week or 2 ago, the very 1st person I use the EOS with (it was very choppy) And he wants to convert at least a portion of his term to whole life, ranging from $250/mo, but possible up to $800/mo (full conversion of 250k).

He's within 2 years of having prostate cancer and is 60 years old, so I was creating urgency to convert this policy and get the chronic illness rider. His wife seemed much more intrested and he was very hard to read but I sent him a thank you note, along with a financial article last week, and a follow up email yesterday, and he replied to the E mail.

They're leaving for Poland and won't be back till mid September, and I'm just hoping that he doesn't cool off....but this thing is catching fire! Between this and Van Mueller's questions, And I can totally get behind positioning Wall Street, the banks, and the government as an enemy... Obviously that resonates with many people

Now YOUR EOS will be (should be) different to fit your unique message and your service proposition.

If you want Tom Love's course, he's offering it here:
https://www.theexplanationofservices.com/

Tom Love is also offering a paid mentoring membership group as well:
The Breakaway League - Home

And no, *I* don't get anything out of it. (Okay, he's now a great industry friend of mind whom I consider a mentor - but I don't get paid for anyone who buys.) I just know that it's fantastic!

But back to term life insurance... John Savage (a big-time producer who passed away in 1993) said that you just need to ask and answer 4 questions for your prospect:

1. How much life insurance do I need? Answer: An amount you can easily afford. (After all, if they can't easily afford it, does it matter how much more they need?)

2. What kind of life insurance? Answer: "The best kind to get started with - term life insurance!" (It's the least expensive to get started with initially.)

3. Who should I buy it from? Answer: "Well, I'm not here to represent my competition." (This isn't about companies, but about agent trust. You just want them to buy from you.)

4. When should you buy it? Answer: "Today, because I'd only recommend an amount that you can easily afford!"

So Savage originated that question arc lol ... maybe FE has more in common with traditional life insurance than we sometimes think!

Back