Guidance for New Life Agents

Yea your a baller DHK And like ur swagger ....thanks for motivation and the warm fuzzys (no homo) lol jk jk on serious not where would u start if u were just getting into insurance sales ? I just passed 2-15. I’m scheduled for AiL insurance to start next week. But after reading here I’m realizing it is gonna be interesting

Did you watch the Monopoly New Agent Guide video? AIL, in my opinion is Baltic & Mediterranean Ave. (Although another poster's opinion was they could be middle income.)

Once you know what you want to do, then I would find the training you need FIRST. (Lots of links in this thread.) From what I've heard about certain 'mutual' companies and their training, I really can't recommend them. The ones I wouldn't go with are MassMutual and Northwestern Mutual. I'd be more apt to Guardian, New York Life, Ohio National, and probably Prudential.

DHK,

Thank you for taking the time to not only type out all your knowledge, but also writing in terms that I for one can understand. Your posts are well written and informative, so Thank you again for the info.

I noted the comment about activity and getting in front of prospective clients and the amount of times you here the word NO! Have you read the Book "Go for NO" by Richard Fenton and Andrea Waltz. It changes the way we react to NO, for sales people its a eye opener, and foundation for success. It is only 80 Pages. And can be read in one day. I started reading it today and almost finished, until I started reading the forum. A truly informative day for me!! Anyway I highly recommend this book for anyone who hasn't read it. It may change your future in sales.

Tom Hegna first year advice.jpg Tom Hegna posted this on his LinkedIn feed today.

If your agency is ONLY promoting that you prospect with a "Project 200" (of people you know), then they are setting you up to fail.

Tom Hegna's first year, his first 3 months was a goal of contacting 75 people a week Monday through Saturday. He cold called mortgage lists and used other resources he could.

Now, to me, in today's DNC list environment, there's only ONE great way to reach people: knock on their door. And yes, you can do it. Ever Edward Jones advisor had to do it. Follow your local solicitation laws, but it's the simplest way to go and you actually SEE the people, not just call them where you're just a voice on the other end of the phone.

In today's "Coronavirus" epidemic panic, more and more producers are looking to transition to web conferencing.

The problem for many of us, is how do you present concepts in a simple way without changing up everything you already know and do?

Get a document camera with software... so you can show your notepad AND your face at the same time.

This is the brand that Thomas Love uses in his webinars.
They're only $99 - $299.

Product | IPEVO

I've often been critical of new agents joining NAIFA in the beginning primarily for the cost as well as the distraction it can become.

NAIFA seems to have solved that! Very modest costs and limited benefits for the first two years (to help members keep their focus where it really needs to be).

Membership Fees

This is pretty exciting to me, particularly for newer agents.

Year 1 agents for $10/month.
Year 2 agents for $20/month.
Year 3 agents for $30/month.
Year 4 agents for $40/month.
Year 5+ agents for $56/month.

This is great pricing, especially for new agents!

By the way, if you haven't checked out the NAIFA Live meetings, here's the link for the archives with meetings with Bill Cates, David McKnight, Curtis Cloke, Eszylfie Taylor, Marvin Feldman, and more:

NAIFA Live Archives

Back