Has Anybody Worked for LTC Financial Partners?

I think you should ask Irena how LTCFP handles that. I believe (based on previous discussions with LTCFP people) that securing agent's renewals is written in their by-laws. If they fold, carrier will still pay renewals to agents. Your fears are as unfounded in their case as ever.

I believe you are connected to LTCFP. There is no way you know so much about them and have defended them so much.

Then Irena shows up, who works for them.

I bet you disappear after the discussion ends on them.

To me credibility is lost doing business in this manner.

I believe you are connected to LTCFP.
I have repeatedly stated that i am not connected to LTCFP sales org. I do know people at LTCFP however (some who had been there since 2003-2004). Also stated as much.

There is no way you know so much about them and have defended them so much.
And I don't know "so much" - just basic things which people really care about.

Then Irena shows up, who works for them.
That's just a weird co-incidence. Likely people there saw the discussion and decided to chime in.

I bet you disappear after the discussion ends on them.
You wish

As I have stated the only reason I got into this discussion - is because people on this forum were extremely unfair and biased in their evaluation of LTCFP. For some reason (:twitchy:) GNW shenanigans or whats going on at Acsia (I got friends there too you know) - does not raise as much ire ... but we can get into that one too.

If your lead costs are 0 what next level are you talking about? Start selling your leads to other people. Open your own agency.

Not looking to open my agency; not looking to sell my leads. I like working with clients to help them. When I do not want to work, I will just give my leads away, most likely. To Scott, or to someone capable of doing the right thing.

My question is still relevant: how do you take your agents to the next level? Eventually, an agent will not want to buy leads and only make 35%. So, once an agent is experienced and wants to make reasonable and fair compensation how does LTCFP help the agent reach and sustain the next level?

Do you give your top producers access to group accounts or are they required to find these accounts by themself?

Do you pay health insurance and 401(k)?

whats going on at Acsia does not raise as much ire ... but we can get into that one too.

Acsia has a contract with Genworth, which is important IMHO. LTCFP does not.

Nor does LTCFP have Mass Mutual.

And now, one of your agents says John Hancock is not in your program anymore, except in CA. A state where Genworth, NY Life and Mass Mutual have excellent contracts.

So, it seems like you are left with Transamerica, MedAmerica, Mutual of Omaha and Life Secure.

Is this not a problem?

Especially for inexperienced agents that may not be able to produce business because consumers are sharper than ever and will do their research?

Acsia has a contract with Genworth, which is important IMHO. LTCFP does not.
And of course, you are not passing any judgement on how it came to be. Tacit approval much?

Nor does LTCFP have Mass Mutual.
Not sure why that is. Perhaps Irena can enlighten...

And now, one of your agents says John Hancock is not in your program anymore, except in CA. A state where Genworth, NY Life and Mass Mutual have excellent contracts.
I asked people at LTCFP about this one specifically - it isn't like Hancock is not in the program. It still is. Appears this bit of info was based on somewhat erroneous reading of an internal communique. Again, Irena can better explain perhaps than me (from someone else's words).

Is this not a problem?
It may or may not be, depends. My personal policy is not with Genworth. And I would not change it for another.

And of course, you are not passing any judgement on how it came to be. Tacit approval much?

It is irrelevant how it came to be.

The issue is should an agent join an organization that is not able to compete on a level playing field because the largest LTC underwriter in the arena refuses to extend it a contract.

Genworth has had a dominant pricing/marketing model since 2004.

This is a problem. IMHO.

It is irrelevant how it came to be.
Are you choosing to patronize organization which engages in grossly anti-competitive conduct?

The issue is should an agent join an organization that is not able to compete on a level playing field because the largest LTC underwriter in the arena refuses to extend it a contract.
Genworth isn't the only fish in the sea, even if it is the biggest. As I have mentioned before, my personal policy is not with Genworth (even though I had that as an option, obviously).

Genworth has had a dominant pricing/marketing model since 2004.
Keyword: marketing. Many clients see through bs pretty well these days and choose what happens to be the best option for them. Often gnw is asked about, but at the end of the day - they're not the ones chosen by the client given side-by-side comparison. State which you do business in matters quite a bit however - especially CA.

This is a problem. IMHO.
It is only a problem in one's mind.

Are you choosing to patronize organization which engages in grossly anti-competitive conduct?

Genworth isn't the only fish in the sea, even if it is the biggest. As I have mentioned before, my personal policy is not with Genworth (even though I had that as an option, obviously).

Keyword: marketing. Many clients see through bs pretty well these days and choose what happens to be the best option for them. Often gnw is asked about, but at the end of the day - they're not the ones chosen by the client given side-by-side comparison. State which you do business in matters quite a bit however - especially CA.

It is only a problem in one's mind.

You miss the point. It is not about you and what policy you bought. It is about consumers. Genworth writes 35% of the business. People want it.

Today, I wrote $10,000 premium with Mass Mutual and $4500 premium with Genworth.

You have neither company. And I have every single company you have.

And I do not care whether or not Genworth lets you write its policies. That is your problem. Just as State Farm does not let myself write its policies. That is my problem. I am not patronizing a company that has done anything wrong as far as I know. Maybe your group did something unethical?

Steve, is correct . Your system is flawed.

Scott is also correct. Teaching agents to do computer meetings is also a waste of time.

Your agents would write more business with a different system.

Period. Out.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back