HEALTH SHERPA, Renewing Coverage

Why would I update the 2015 app?

So, I ACCESS H.gov through the ACCESS button, find the 2016 app... do nothing... just return to enrollment site?

Ok, so I return to enrollment site... what now. There is nothing indicating a new enrollment process is ready to take place for this client.

I had exactly the same problem and once it's redirected to HS you can't choose any new plan.
Basically: access, found plan through new app, went through the info getting a new eligibility, at the end I'm taken back to the enrollment web sit (HS) and the only way to change a plan is call the Marketplace. Am I missing something?

I just re-enroll HealthSherpa 2015 clients into HealthSherpa again, as 2016 enrollees this time. Are you guys trying to do a special type of 2015-to-2016 renewal, or plan change?

I just re-enroll HealthSherpa 2015 clients into HealthSherpa again, as 2016 enrollees this time. Are you guys trying to do a special type of 2015-to-2016 renewal, or plan change?

I suppose with the 5min it's better to just re-enroll the client, but my issue and it looks like others have it is when you just update information and want to change the plan.
Any ideas?

I have just been submitting a new app. I will fix the issues after the fact (if there are any). I did check a client I did earlier in AEP. She had 3 applications on the exchange. Two have no plans selected and one is the new enrollment app I did thru HS. Guess those other 2 will disappear after AEP (hoping).

So I think everyone is agreeing that double redirect worked well for us(brokers) because we can update old app if it's a renewal(without creating new app on HC.gov) but original 5 min app works better when you send the link to the client cause it's not causing any confusion. Right?

powjunky - when you use the 5 minute process, we always treat the app as potentially a renewal, and do the right thing on the backend (i.e. renew from an existing marketplace app if it exists).

powjunky - when you use the 5 minute process, we always treat the app as potentially a renewal, and do the right thing on the backend (i.e. renew from an existing marketplace app if it exists).

Good to know! You are a true professional - we appreciate your attention to detail!

it would create way less anxiety for brokers if simple facts like this one would be known to us. I know you guys can email :)

Back