Healthcare.gov---pitching Exsisting Insureds?

This happened to me two weeks ago. This is my new client. He called me to schedule for an appointment then a day before his appointment, marketplace rep called him to renew on the phone. They even have an interpreter on the line for him. When he came to see me, he said he already enrolled on the phone with marketplace. Thought this was crazy. I told him to come see when he receives eligibility letter in the mail so I can use the app ID to add my name as his agent for him.

Email just received from Marketplace:

During Open Enrollment, we encourage you to work with returning Marketplace consumers to actively select a plan for 2017 that meets their current needs and budget.

Starting on December 16:
Current Marketplace enrollees who do not make an active plan selection for coverage by December 15 will be automatically re-enrolled in a Marketplace plan for coverage starting on January 1, 2017.
Consumers who are currently enrolled in a Marketplace plan that is discontinued for 2017 will be matched with an alternative plan offered by the same issuer (if available) or an alternate plan with a different issuer. These consumers do not have to enroll in or stay in the alternate plan. They can choose to work with you and find a new plan by December 15.

If a consumer is automatically re-enrolled, the transaction will include the National Producer Number (NPN) of the agent or broker who helped the consumer with his or her initial enrollment through the Marketplace. That agent or broker will be eligible for compensation for the re-enrollment in accordance with state law and applicable issuer compensation policies.

If you did not help the consumer with that initial enrollment, you can help them shop and enroll in 2017 coverage that works for them. Help the consumer enter your NPN in the application as the agent or broker who is currently providing support.

Email just received from Marketplace:

During Open Enrollment, we encourage you to work with returning Marketplace consumers to actively select a plan for 2017 that meets their current needs and budget.

Starting on December 16:
Current Marketplace enrollees who do not make an active plan selection for coverage by December 15 will be automatically re-enrolled in a Marketplace plan for coverage starting on January 1, 2017.
Consumers who are currently enrolled in a Marketplace plan that is discontinued for 2017 will be matched with an alternative plan offered by the same issuer (if available) or an alternate plan with a different issuer. These consumers do not have to enroll in or stay in the alternate plan. They can choose to work with you and find a new plan by December 15.

If a consumer is automatically re-enrolled, the transaction will include the National Producer Number (NPN) of the agent or broker who helped the consumer with his or her initial enrollment through the Marketplace. That agent or broker will be eligible for compensation for the re-enrollment in accordance with state law and applicable issuer compensation policies.

If you did not help the consumer with that initial enrollment, you can help them shop and enroll in 2017 coverage that works for them. Help the consumer enter your NPN in the application as the agent or broker who is currently providing support.

Funny that they sent this out, conveniently not mentioning that their staff are actively removing the agent info from any applications they process by phone during their outbound campaign.

Funny that they sent this out, conveniently not mentioning that their staff are actively removing the agent info from any applications they process by phone during their outbound campaign.

I don't doubt that for sure, I assume that any time one of my clients calls the Marketplace the first thing that will happen is that my NPN will get stripped-I just make sure none of them call in for anything, it's more work for me but I don't get the shaft from the morons at the Marketplace.

I don't doubt that for sure, I assume that any time one of my clients calls the Marketplace the first thing that will happen is that my NPN will get stripped-I just make sure none of them call in for anything, it's more work for me but I don't get the shaft from the morons at the Marketplace.

Imagine how you would feel if you worked the marketplace and deadbeat agents were getting paid for you doing all the work?

Imagine how you would feel if you worked the marketplace and deadbeat agents were getting paid for you doing all the work?

A. I would never work at the Marketplace

B. Are you effing kidding me? Do you understand how much work independent agents do for what has become chump change and how many times those idiots at the Marketplace screw both the client and us?

If the election has taught us anything, we need a bifurcated system:

One for people who choose not to deal with Gov't bureaucratic idiots.

And the other for the liberals like ATL that get off on it.

Have at it.

If the election has taught us anything, we need a bifurcated system:

One for people who choose not to deal with Gov't bureaucratic idiots.

And the other for the liberals like ATL that get off on it.

Have at it.

This has nothing to do with being liberal or conservative and everything to do with doing the right thing and acting professionally, neither party has an exclusive on that.

Sorry ATL...That statement right there shows you have no clue about that block of business.

Lay low and don't participate in the conversation. You'll learn something.

Back