Help !! 86 year old male with alzheimer's :)

The age is not the problem. It's the Alzheimer's. This guy's only option is preneed.

Never understood this as I always figured if a guy has a good ticker he can go a long time, making him insurable regardless of Alzheimer's. But I'm obviously not an actuary.:err:

just tell him he's approved and write him, he won't remember anyway.

Don't forget the check!

Never understood this as I always figured if a guy has a good ticker he can go a long time, making him insurable regardless of Alzheimer's. But I'm obviously not an actuary.:err:

The problem with Alzheimer's is that it CAN progress very quickly. Hard to put a time frame on it.

People with Alzheimer's do so many things that could get them killed. They walk out into traffic, they don't take their meds, they live alone with no supervision; leave the gas on etc. They develop other ailments and don't even realize it. ie my mom had it and died of a urinary tract infection because she didn't know anything was wrong. Her roommate walked away from the facility and was missing for 2 days. She heard the people searching for her and calling her name but she was afraid of what they might do to her.

I was told people don't die from Alzheimer's it's complications from Alzheimer's.

People think that, but isn't true. Having seen a family member go through dementia, you realize it is affecting their physical health and not just their mental. They literally do start to waste away. Some people do live a long time with Alzheimer's or dementia, but I suspect they get excellent care and have a great family. Most don't.

Also, since the person is mentally impaired, are they able to accurately answer health questions about their health and are they competent to enter a contract?

HELP !! 86 YEAR OLD MALE WITH ALZHEIMER'S

Can I offer him anything?

Thanks in advance fellow agents :)

I'd Ask when the birthday is, If it was within last 6 months you could backdate to 85 and look at a few options. The client would have to pay the backdated premiums at the age of 85 fyi not cheap but if they want coverage bad enough might be willing, worth a shot to mention it.

Last edited:
Back