Hey Aflac where is my product training ?

ABC what state are you located in? I may be able to help with the Colonial issue as I have a lot of contacts. Trust me when I say they want their brokers to be happy.

No thanks I have worked with a handful of different colonial reps. I have one now that is ok.

Your product is not competing with Alfac so I am unable to switch to colonial with most of my groups.
Please don't bother telling me how your LTD/STD is a better deal. The benefit is a bit richer but you still are coming in at the same price.

From a broker standpoint to switch out supplemental policies that cost the same just looks like churning.

AFLAC is like Starbucks, there is one on every corner....
I brokered one case with AFLAC, a 1400 employee hospital. The HR dept at the hospital had sooooo many problems with AFLAC, the case moved to another carrier. Quack Quack!

Well your response was a bit gritty, as I was just trying to help, not ask for your business. Good luck.

I have sort of the same issue. My DSC is really high on product training... almost every word of the brochures, inc fact, but only on the few products she's had great success with selling. She can't seem to answer questions on the other products. One example: she told me Aflac didn't have an LTC product, but then I got an email from Aflac corporate about selling it. She then told me she'd put something together for it, but I have yet to see it.

She's really nice, and when she gives me her presentations she really is amazing. It's easy to see why she's had the success she's had, but I really need to know about all the products, not just the 3 or 4 she usually sold.

Here's my update:
I contacted a person upstate NY to find out if i still had a businesss block and her answer was "YES" :yes:. The reason for this block was because Aflac did not have an original copy of part of my agreement on file. When asked what about the two copies faxed by the CSC, she said "NO GOOD" send me a original copy directly. Well that was sent out last Wednesday and I spoke with this woman on Friday. She assured me that the matter would would be corrected the same day she receieved my copy.
Guess what its now the following Wednesday and no one has called or e-mail about my status change. Am I surprised "NO" :no:. I think I was dropped like a hot potato, because I stopped trying to set up appointment about 3 weeks ago because of the business block. Sorry Aflac, if you can't fix my paperwork problem, thats a big red flag. NO PAY AND YOU STILL WANT ME TO SET UP APPOINTMENT WHEN YOU KNOW I CAN'T GET PAID FOR WRITING BUSINESS , I DON'T THINK SO :nah:. I understand it takes a time to build any business, but not helping a new associate with a freak'n paperwork problem "COME ON" :mad:. Within this time, I have spoke to the RSC, and he reassure me, this was a priority to help me get resolved. Everyone says " We can fix this" but no one wants to (sorry WON'T FIX IT :SLEEP:). My CSC wants me to set up an appointment with the DSC to go over product training. I don't think so :1laugh:. Fix the paperwork problem or I will not invest my time for what seems to be " A WASTE OF TIME" :goofy:

I like how you used all the smiley faces,,LOL

Me;) too!:laugh:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
AFLAC is like Starbucks, there is one on every corner....
I brokered one case with AFLAC, a 1400 employee hospital. The HR dept at the hospital had sooooo many problems with AFLAC, the case moved to another carrier. Quack Quack!

I signed up with them 2 times and never sold anything ... I forgot the 2nd time around that they "CAN" you for non-production before you know what you are doing.

we met at Starbucks. :twitchy:

Last edited:
Success at Aflac is hugely dependent on the quality of your DSC and RSC. Your career is basically in their hands. And after a year with Aflac I saw good DSCs and bad ones. Most agents usually pick a few products and get good at them.

Honestly from a sales point of view you will shoot yourself in the foot if you bring in all 7 or 8 or however many products they have these days, and try to get the employees to choose out of all 7....people in general have trouble making up their mind. Its best to find the products that you like and are comfortable with, and market those. Choose maybe 4. It doesent overload your prospects during the presentation, it prevents overselling and excited buyers who get all 7 and can only afford 1 or 2, and it also gives you a reason to come back next year because you can come back with a new and great product for them. So its a win win all around. The products are simple and straight forward. Read the brochure that they give you to hand out to clients and its really all you will ever need to know. You can also order them from the aflac agents portal, so browse through that and you can find a lot of product knowledge and help, plus supplies.

All that being said, being a former agent of Aflac once upon a time, their products (in my opinion) are pricey. There are better options out there in my opinion for supplemental insurance. You will also go broke selling just Aflac unless you have some very strong ties to local business owners in your community. I started at Aflac, after 6 months incorporated group health and disability into my business, then moved to NYL, and am now an IA for a local financial planning firm. If you have to work there use it as a stepping stone, dont plan to make a career out of it!!!

Success at Aflac is hugely dependent on the quality of your DSC and RSC. Your career is basically in their hands. And after a year with Aflac I saw good DSCs and bad ones. Most agents usually pick a few products and get good at them.

Honestly from a sales point of view you will shoot yourself in the foot if you bring in all 7 or 8 or however many products they have these days, and try to get the employees to choose out of all 7....people in general have trouble making up their mind. Its best to find the products that you like and are comfortable with, and market those. Choose maybe 4. It doesent overload your prospects during the presentation, it prevents overselling and excited buyers who get all 7 and can only afford 1 or 2, and it also gives you a reason to come back next year because you can come back with a new and great product for them. So its a win win all around. The products are simple and straight forward. Read the brochure that they give you to hand out to clients and its really all you will ever need to know. You can also order them from the aflac agents portal, so browse through that and you can find a lot of product knowledge and help, plus supplies.

All that being said, being a former agent of Aflac once upon a time, their products (in my opinion) are pricey. There are better options out there in my opinion for supplemental insurance. You will also go broke selling just Aflac unless you have some very strong ties to local business owners in your community. I started at Aflac, after 6 months incorporated group health and disability into my business, then moved to NYL, and am now an IA for a local financial planning firm. If you have to work there use it as a stepping stone, dont plan to make a career out of it!!!

Good point!

I am starting with AFLAC, getting my feet wet. Is it hard getting on with New York Life? I want to have a backup product that is solid and branded well.

I am starting with AFLAC, getting my feet wet. Is it hard getting on with New York Life? I want to have a backup product that is solid and branded well.

In what world is NYL a backup to AFLAC? They are completely different markets and clients. Odds are, you'll be a lot happier in a good NYL office.

Back