Hey Aflac where is my product training ?

Let's see if you feel that way in a year. Now I have no problem with AFLAC in general, but they do turn over a ton of agents or do you disagree with that?

One of my body shop clients collects AFLAC cards for fun. He proudly showed me his stack of 20 cards and mentioned none of them were the same agent.

Two years back, the employees wanted disability coverage, so I asked him if we could offer it as a voluntary benefit. He told me, "No problem, just not AFLAC. I hate American Family." So we wrote Allstate and called it a day.

(yes, I know American Family (the auto/home insurer) isn't the same as AFLAC, but I saw no reason to argue)

LOL
Great post
The problem with these companies is they burn through so many people. No one knows what the hell they are doing.

From a broker standpoint I can not get any support from either Colonial or Aflac. Everyone is to worried about writing their next deal rather than giving good customer service to clients.

Check out Unum.
They have come up with products to compete in the supplemental area. The plat form they are using is unique and is much much easier to admin for a controller.
Unum owns Colonial.....

In what world is NYL a backup to AFLAC? They are completely different markets and clients. Odds are, you'll be a lot happier in a good NYL office.

I interviewed with NYL and decided to not go with them because they are a captive agency. (At least this is what they told me. They consider me a new agent and I would therefore have to cancel all my other appointments). I have not decided whether I will proceed or not.:)

I interviewed with NYL and decided to not go with them because they are a captive agency. (At least this is what they told me. They consider me a new agent and I would therefore have to cancel all my other appointments). I have not decided whether I will proceed or not.:)

And how is being a captive agent to NYL a problem?

Yes, I am independent, mainly because I don't like following orders and I haven't met an agency that will deliver on what they promise.

Give me a good NYL office and I'd be glad to be captive to them. It is a good company and if you commit yourself to selling whole life, you can do a lot worse.

I have yet to find a company that focuses on brokerage and does whole life and does it well. A lot of people like Ohio National, myself included. However, ONFS's contract is geared towards doing as much business with them as possible. You may not be captive to them, but if you want to maximize your compensation you will do as much business with them as possible.

I still offer Aflac products but i have added other products as well including life and health. Your product training will come from you reading all the brochures. Good luck.

I've been thinking of becoming an Aflac agent. Read many of the old posts so familiar with alot of the criticisms and the Koolaid. Heard that they are starting to offer more group policies. Do these have lower commissions- initially and over life of the policies? Is it easier to sell these and is there a benefit for the employees,employer and me? Since there are no protected territories, what's to stop another agent from going in and selling group to replace my existing individual policies?

Also seems that they are trying to get more brokers involved both for individual and group sales.What does this all mean for an independent agent?

I've been thinking of becoming an Aflac agent. Read many of the old posts so familiar with alot of the criticisms and the Koolaid. Heard that they are starting to offer more group policies. Do these have lower commissions- initially and over life of the policies? Is it easier to sell these and is there a benefit for the employees,employer and me? Since there are no protected territories, what's to stop another agent from going in and selling group to replace my existing individual policies?

Also seems that they are trying to get more brokers involved both for individual and group sales.What does this all mean for an independent agent?

I know this is old but the answer to your question is nothing. I walked after my own manager took one of my largest accounts behind my back. Decent products but shady unscrupulous management playing the game they've been taught.

Here is my story:

I started with Aflac back in the beginning of Sept. I went to sales school and learned how Aflac prospects for business. During this week long training week, I was told the District sales coordinator (DSC) would finish with product training.
I handed my completed Associate Agreement to the DSC the last week in August. It took Aflac until the third week in Sept to issue my writing number. Then I was blocked a few days later from writing business because of another paperwork issue. I have still have not gotten an answer about my status:skeptical:.
When I asked about product training, I was told repeatedly to focus on getting appointment even though I did not have a writing number. I asked the dsc repeatedly for product training and was told : he's to busy with enrollment for 2 weeks, family issues the next week:goofy:. I was also told to use the website to educate myself about the products. The website was not accessible from my house and the Aflac office:1confused:.
I can't and will not try to sell products (which people buy for peace of mind) if I have not product knowledge:no:. It defeats the whole purpose of what I stand for. I understand that most things in life require work which does not scare me. I like the challenge
Here's my questions:
#1-I know some people that are doing very well with Aflac and hear other horror stories. Do I ask to be place with a different DSC or am I wasting my time?
#2 What would be the best ins. company to work for that gives the best product training?
Thanks for your help and have a great day:biggrin:

reach out to me I can probably help you out.

Back