Hi there. My name is Richard Ayala. I’ve made the decision to get into the insurance industry.

Yes, it is a funny video, and sometimes I like to watch it after I get high. Will you dance in their next video? :twitchy:

I have no 1st hand knowledge of Gordon Marketing and I think the Gordon Girls are cool. Their videos get your attention. If I ever get around to making any YouTube videos, mine will lean toward the wacky side:yes:.

I have read on here that Gordon Marketing doesn't release. You can search the Forum and read. Also, get it in writing that they'll release. Whoever you go with, be careful. There are a lot of AssH0les in the business. :yes:

Thanks

The one piece of the puzzle you are missing is what need as neary all of us have said... you are asking us to recommend a hammer or a screwdriver before deciding what you want to build. It's been mentioned several times. Gordon Marketing may be perfect, or a big trap, so let's have you decide your craft before asking us that have done what you at this point only aspire to do. You asked for advice, we are giving it, but you seem unwilling to hear, which I will warn you wears a mentor thin very quickly in this business.

This is your wax on, wax off moment, and like you mentioned, none of us are trying to be jerks, but follow the path we are guiding you on if you want real direction otherwise guess... it's just as effective.

Thanks. I’m not even sure where to start right now when it comes to what area of insurance I want to sell in, but my carafe will be so to speak. Any suggestions?

This is sales... either you can or you can't. The key is not you getting the best IMO/FMO... they could be great and you never make sale... the thing you need is to focus on getting started... finding a good mentor and get moving.

Thank you for that. And actually, that’s part of what I’m using to determine what agency I’m going to go with. I think finding a good mentor it’s probably one of the very top most important room things to look for.

Real world? OK, Hearing is not listening. That is a game changer in my part of the business. Don't ask a question if you don't want to hear the answer(s). Reread your last few replies to the people you asked help from. A lot of yeah buts, don't want to be rude buts. The majority of the the answers have been fron Agents, not IMOs, guys that actually have a business. People that have worked with dozens of IMOs, people that are not trying to sell you, IMOs. We do not make or lose money on you or your decision. Some if not the majority have been in business for 1, 2, 3 or more decades. Worked with IMOs of every stripe. We have not been researching, we have been selling.

The number one I would try to figure out if I was starting out and had the awesome resources you have. What do I want to do that will make me the type of money I want, doing the type of work I will enjoy. A lot of Is in that I know. However, I am going to be doing the work, and I am going to be dealing with the grind, and I need to get up and be willing to face the day and all the people I am going to work or deal with everyday.

So, again, pick a direction. Life, P&C or health. Get started. Aggressively getting ready doesn't play well. Believe me I know, from personal experience played out multiple times.

Oh, and it was mentioned before, make sure you can be released. Ask these guys if they are still with the first IMO or company they started with. Hell, many of these IMOs change baby daddy's more than the agents.

Good luck
And go sell something.

Thanks again. When it comes to life, P&C and health, in your opinion, what are the most important things to look for when deciding which direction to go in?

Thanks. I’m not even sure where to start right now when it comes to what area of insurance I want to sell in, but my carafe will be so to speak. Any suggestions?
This is definitely a MUCh better approach, Thank you for hearing what we are saying. My recommendation and I want you to understand this ALL is opinion, and they will vary, but be forgiving of those who give advice freely. Personally, I started out, and as I bring young bucks into the business, I have them get licensed in all four lines as a generalist without pigeonholing them into one thing or the other. There is the argument that you can't be both and to that, I say complete BS although it can make things more streamlined to specialize.

So when I have someone license up in all four lines, their product will choose them, like a puppy will often pick their person. Some gravitate toward life, some group benefits, some toward personal lines, some toward commercial and others like me... toward the money and that is being a complete solution for literally anyone I cross paths with. If I had to choose one thing it would be commercial lines P&C.

Mentorship can, and SHOULD come from many sources to include your fellow foot soldiers here and in groups on facebook (I've done this business very successfully for 20 years and I come here and learn from some of the best, many of which in this post I have developed a profound respect for. Someone in your office, someone at an IMO or FMO or whatever group you go through.

See to start with a mentor can, and often does amount to selling your soul at the crossroads, because in some products, you sign with a group, you just may be locked into that group for a long long time... STAY independent, find some carriers and you will learn their products but make sure you have access to all of the potential lines of business you can.

If you must choose between P&C and Life & Health I can tell you the life especially leaves you often hunting for your dinner every night, but when its good, its REALLY good. P&C is definitely the turtle when it comes to the tortoise and the hare, but in the end, the residuals are way better. You (IMO) need both the long and short game and you need many mentors to balance out some of the jack wagons you'll meet as well..

This is definitely a MUCh better approach, Thank you for hearing what we are saying. My recommendation and I want you to understand this ALL is opinion, and they will vary, but be forgiving of those who give advice freely. Personally, I started out, and as I bring young bucks into the business, I have them get licensed in all four lines as a generalist without pigeonholing them into one thing or the other. There is the argument that you can't be both and to that, I say complete BS although it can make things more streamlined to specialize.

So when I have someone license up in all four lines, their product will choose them, like a puppy will often pick their person. Some gravitate toward life, some group benefits, some toward personal lines, some toward commercial and others like me... toward the money and that is being a complete solution for literally anyone I cross paths with. If I had to choose one thing it would be commercial lines P&C.

Mentorship can, and SHOULD come from many sources to include your fellow foot soldiers here and in groups on facebook (I've done this business very successfully for 20 years and I come here and learn from some of the best, many of which in this post I have developed a profound respect for. Someone in your office, someone at an IMO or FMO or whatever group you go through.

See to start with a mentor can, and often does amount to selling your soul at the crossroads, because in some products, you sign with a group, you just may be locked into that group for a long long time... STAY independent, find some carriers and you will learn their products but make sure you have access to all of the potential lines of business you can.

If you must choose between P&C and Life & Health I can tell you the life especially leaves you often hunting for your dinner every night, but when its good, its REALLY good. P&C is definitely the turtle when it comes to the tortoise and the hare, but in the end, the residuals are way better. You (IMO) need both the long and short game and you need many mentors to balance out some of the jack wagons you'll meet as well..

OK, a lot to take in. I like what you’re saying though. Yeah, if you open yourself up to be a one stop shop, you should have more opportunities to sell and make money. I’m going to look more into that and more into the P&C. The residuals are one of the best perks of getting into this line of business, one of them, for me anyways.

Oh, hey, and I Think that it was more of a miscommunication thing going on earlier. Are use the voice text and at the time of my original messages I was really pressed for time and what I was trying to say did not come out the way I wanted it to nor did it sound the way it should have. At the same time though, since the last few messages from you guys on here, I’ve been paying a little bit more respect and attention to what you all are saying and what I’m saying. For real, your experience and advice is appreciated on here. Thank you.

Yeah and @Rich-paradox it's not even that one HAS to be multi line as well, but you'll gravitate toward your strength which will become your focus, and the rest will come secondarily. Ya dont know until ya know!

Keep poking around and reading here, and again maybe not as diverse as this, but there are some good Facebook and LinkedIn groups as well.

Back