Hi there. My name is Richard Ayala. I’ve made the decision to get into the insurance industry.

That’s why I am focusing on the best IMO/FMO and the best agency support I can get, no matter what facet of the industry we are looking at.

This is sales... either you can or you can't. The key is not you getting the best IMO/FMO... they could be great and you never make sale... the thing you need is to focus on getting started... finding a good mentor and get moving.

I am all ears for some information and advice though,

Real world? OK, Hearing is not listening. That is a game changer in my part of the business. Don't ask a question if you don't want to hear the answer(s). Reread your last few replies to the people you asked help from. A lot of yeah buts, don't want to be rude buts. The majority of the the answers have been fron Agents, not IMOs, guys that actually have a business. People that have worked with dozens of IMOs, people that are not trying to sell you, IMOs. We do not make or lose money on you or your decision. Some if not the majority have been in business for 1, 2, 3 or more decades. Worked with IMOs of every stripe. We have not been researching, we have been selling.

so what can you tell me about making the type of decision you just mentioned?

The number one I would try to figure out if I was starting out and had the awesome resources you have. What do I want to do that will make me the type of money I want, doing the type of work I will enjoy. A lot of Is in that I know. However, I am going to be doing the work, and I am going to be dealing with the grind, and I need to get up and be willing to face the day and all the people I am going to work or deal with everyday.

So, again, pick a direction. Life, P&C or health. Get started. Aggressively getting ready doesn't play well. Believe me I know, from personal experience played out multiple times.

Oh, and it was mentioned before, make sure you can be released. Ask these guys if they are still with the first IMO or company they started with. Hell, many of these IMOs change baby daddy's more than the agents.

Good luck
And go sell something.

That!

Yeah that too! Sound like you know you have to have a colonoscopy next week... :twitchy:
I'd be crotchety too. :laugh:

My first and only one, the little cute female Asian Doc comes in throws open the Gown and says "well Mr Blues, is this your first time??" I chuckle and "yes Doc, be gentle", she slaps me on the Ass and says "ah, a virgin, you won't be when you wake up"

I felt strangely satisfied and maybe a little cheap afterwards. :D

We made the decision to go into business for ourselves. I’ve been doing the legwork to determine which avenue to take so to speak. We made a decision for me to start with getting into the insurance industry. I am now in the process of doing my due diligence to make a decision which IMO/FMO to partner and sign with.

I figured that this would be a good community to go to in order to get help in making that decision, and also to glean from and contribute to, as I start and grow my business. So, here I am! Nice to meet you all.

Welcome to the Zoo, 'er I mean the forum.

Lot's of great Leaders hang out here.

If you want Free Leads, Support and Training - One Life America's Career Agent program is as solid as they come. Your commissions on Life sales are reduced in exchange for the Free Leads - but, since Medicare Advantage commissions are pretty much standardized for all IMO's you can make great money cross-selling using your "Free Leads" . . .

In addition, you have access to Medicare Supplements, Cancer, DVH, Hospital Indemnity and most Insurance related products.

OLA also has a Broker side where you can get discounted Leads, Support and Training while operating with street level commissions.

recruiting pic.jpg

Last edited:
My first and only one, the little cute female Asian Doc comes in throws open the Gown and says "well Mr Blues, is this your first time??" I chuckle and "yes Doc, be gentle", she slaps me on the Ass and says "ah, a virgin, you won't be when you wake up"

I felt strangely satisfied and maybe a little cheap afterwards. :D
I had my only one last year. I had a cute little female doctor and 2 nurses. It's awkward flirting with them when you know what they're getting ready to do to you and you're praying that your diarrhea is over with. :confused:

I also felt cheap, but unlike you...I felt no satisfaction. :no::twitchy:

I asked the old dude who was gonna do mine if I could at least get dinner and movie first... (to set this up, the VA does a general anesthesia when doing them in Colorado here and I am thankful) SO the last thing I remember is him laughing in slow motion as I counted down from 10 - 9 - 8 - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz When I woke up i had a fat lip. I asked if they missed .. Turns out when they stuck the thing in my butt they put a breather in my throat and the corrugated edge of it rubbed my lip against my teeth.

I felt no satisfaction, I'm still fairly traumatized because of the slowmo laugh and not knowing which end they stuck what in.

I asked the old dude who was gonna do mine if I could at least get dinner and movie first... (to set this up, the VA does a general anesthesia when doing them in Colorado here and I am thankful) SO the last thing I remember is him laughing in slow motion as I counted down from 10 - 9 - 8 - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz When I woke up i had a fat lip. I asked if they missed .. Turns out when they stuck the thing in my butt they put a breather in my throat and the corrugated edge of it rubbed my lip against my teeth.

I felt no satisfaction, I'm still fairly traumatized because of the slowmo laugh and not knowing which end they stuck what in.
They put me out too. If I've got to have someone put something up my ass, I prefer it to be a female. :embarrassed:

Back