Hi there. My name is Richard Ayala. I’ve made the decision to get into the insurance industry.

Welcome! Watch out for @Markthebroker ... he's like a clock...right now it looks like about 10 min to 5.

Ok that's a big hand little hand joke.

Yes this is a great community with a large spectrum of personalities and opinions. By your reference to IMO/FMO that sounds like you are looking for primarily health/life right? I do life, and I go through Brokers Alliance... great array of products/carriers. On health, I do some group, but for all that just go straight to the carriers. If you name drop the IMO/FMO's you are vetting you may get some real world opinion on them.

Best of luck to you!
Ok. I mentioned responding to someone else, that the type of insurance isn’t what’s most important to me right now, I’m really just looking for the best IMO/FMO, agency and coaching/mentorship. When I get a handle of things then I can do my due diligence and decide better on exactly what I want to sell and tweak things up if need be.

I’ll look into brokers alliance. I actually think I’ve came across them somewhere because the name is familiar, but I haven’t done my due diligence on them yet. I’ll drop the names of the organizations I’m looking into later, when I get to my notes and can pull them all up.

One thing though, I was scanning through this forum before I joined, and I saw that someone mentioned to run away from Gordon Marketing. Gordon marketing is one of the organizations I have been talking to & considering. So can someone tell me what’s wrong with them?

One thing though, I was scanning through this forum before I joined, and I saw that someone mentioned to run away from Gordon Marketing. Gordon marketing is one of the organizations I have been talking to & considering. So can someone tell me what’s wrong with them?
What's not to love? I hope you can dance. :biggrin:

My opinion only.

You need come up with a direction or destination.

Best is going to depend on the type of insurance. The P&C IMO: Commercial Lines, Bonds, Home & Auto, Farm.... Life: FE, high worth, middle America,....
Health: large group, <65, >65, disability,.......

The best for you will be determined by what you need.

Research that, pick a direction, get licensed, and get started.

IMohsoHO

Sign me up!

LOL. That’s a funny video. Hey look, I’m not defending Gordon marketing, I don’t know much about them yet. But I’m going to say this, you’ve got to come with more than that when we’re talking about business, business opportunities and business decisions. So, they are cheesy. They made a cheesy video. Are you telling me you’ve never done anything cheesy in your life. I can be cheesy at times. I’ve been through this forum already, and honestly, everybody’s a little cheesy on here.

I’m not trying to pick a fight at all, nor am I trying to be a jerk or rude to you, but you really haven’t show me anything else. I ask again, why should I run from Gordon marketing? Are they shysters? Are they cutting me out of commissions? Do they not have an in house lead distribution, meaning do they not own their own direct mai lead system? Are their contracts not direct, meaning do I get paid directly from the carriers or does it run through the organization?

Again, I’m not trying to offend you at all, or be rude but I’m very serious about what I’m doing right now, and even though I’m new to this, I am about my business. I’m not here to play games. So tell me, is there a reason why I should be running from Gordon marketing or not? I’m about to make a business decision that’s going to affect my life, that’s going to provide for my family and be a blessing to a lot of other people that I come in contact with.

My opinion only.

You need come up with a direction or destination.

Best is going to depend on the type of insurance. The P&C IMO: Commercial Lines, Bonds, Home & Auto, Farm.... Life: FE, high worth, middle America,....
Health: large group, <65, >65, disability,.......

The best for you will be determined by what you need.

Research that, pick a direction, get licensed, and get started.

IMohsoHO

Thank you for that. I really think its agreat idea to dig into everything you just mentioned. that won’t work for me though. I hope you understand, that researching these things will take some time. I do plan on doing that type of research, but for the time being I want my due diligence and my research to be well done but also efficient. So what I’m focusing on is what is going to start and solidify my Buisness. That’s why I am focusing on the best IMO/FMO and the best agency support I can get, no matter what facet of the industry we are looking at.

Honestly, I don’t have time to dig into all that stuff. That’s just the way it is in life, not just for me, but the way it is. That’s why people can take advantage of others, people don’t have the time nor the means a lot of the times, to get them self knowledgeable and informed well enough to stand on solid ground.

I am all ears for some information and advice though, so what can you tell me about making the type of decision you just mentioned?

What's not to love? I hope you can dance. :biggrin:

LOL. That’s a funny video. Hey look, I’m not defending Gordon marketing, I don’t know much about them yet. But I’m going to say this, you’ve got to come with more than that when we’re talking about business, business opportunities and business decisions. So, they are cheesy. They made a cheesy video. Are you telling me you’ve never done anything cheesy in your life. I can be cheesy at times. I’ve been through this forum already, and honestly, everybody’s a little cheesy on here.

I’m not trying to pick a fight at all, nor am I trying to be a jerk or rude to you, but you really haven’t show me anything else. I ask again, why should I run from Gordon marketing? Are they shysters? Are they cutting me out of commissions? Do they not have an in house lead distribution, meaning do they not own their own direct mai lead system? Are their contracts not direct, meaning do I get paid directly from the carriers or does it run through the organization?

Again, I’m not trying to offend you at all, or be rude but I’m very serious about what I’m doing right now, and even though I’m new to this, I am about my business. I’m not here to play games. So tell me, is there a reason why I should be running from Gordon marketing or not? I’m about to make a business decision that’s going to affect my life, that’s going to provide for my family and be a blessing to a lot of other people that I come in contact with.

Yes, it is a funny video, and sometimes I like to watch it after I get high. Will you dance in their next video? :twitchy:

I have no 1st hand knowledge of Gordon Marketing and I think the Gordon Girls are cool. Their videos get your attention. If I ever get around to making any YouTube videos, mine will lean toward the wacky side:yes:.

I have read on here that Gordon Marketing doesn't release. You can search the Forum and read. Also, get it in writing that they'll release. Whoever you go with, be careful. There are a lot of AssH0les in the business. :yes:

The one piece of the puzzle you are missing is what need as neary all of us have said... you are asking us to recommend a hammer or a screwdriver before deciding what you want to build. It's been mentioned several times. Gordon Marketing may be perfect, or a big trap, so let's have you decide your craft before asking us that have done what you at this point only aspire to do. You asked for advice, we are giving it, but you seem unwilling to hear, which I will warn you wears a mentor thin very quickly in this business.

This is your wax on, wax off moment, and like you mentioned, none of us are trying to be jerks, but follow the path we are guiding you on if you want real direction otherwise guess... it's just as effective.

Back