Hometown Quotes..we'll See

AtlLMagent

Long time reader of these forums, first time poster. They have helped me so much when I first started out in insurance(a whopping 5 months ago!) Just wanted to say I signed up with Hometown Quotes today because they were the 1 company who consistently received positive reviews(or at least minimal negative reviews) I will update how they go and just wanted Bob to know that his presence on these forums is working. Excited to see how this goes, wish me luck!

Now remember to give it time rather than "I had 10 quote requests come in and...." Give it 60 to 90 days and see what happens.

The other thing to keep in mind is leads are not guaranteed sales, they are introductions to people who have expressed an interest in getting quotes that you would not meet on your own. It is still up to YOU to make the sale.

Good luck.

We used HTQ for a short while. Best quality leads, unfortunately my boss hates lead companies (understandably so).

Let me start by saying I am not a fan of Internet leads yet. Bob is trying to change that.

I met Bob a few weeks ago. He is a stand up guy. He has a great wealth of knowledge and wants the best for struggling agents. We shot each other straight. Bob, get back in here and make me a believer. (If you can?)

Please define Best I have gotten. Close ratio, retention ratio on the clients that came to you via an internet lead provider. Cost per close. ext.

Please define Best I have gotten. Close ratio, retention ratio on the clients that came to you via an internet lead provider. Cost per close. ext.

Thanks Shawn!

I was in Denver this week but was slammed with meetings or I'd have reached out to go to lunch with you for sure.

I sure wish leads would work themselves...then we'd have no bad leads!

Shawn, you do ask a good question but let me go a bit further. What is your Expectation for ROI/CPP [Return on Investment /Cost Per Policy] ???

Before I spend a DIME on a marketing program, I first must define what do I expect to gain from it. So in the case of Internet Leads, if I have a CPP of $200, then I can buy 10 leads @ $20 bucks, close 10% = 1 lead & have a CPP of $200. Adding in an estimate of rent, utilities, phones, commissions, etc., messes things up. So go with a direct cost of the lead to policy....ie: the "KISS" method.

One should do this with all forms of marketing, but I would make the case that the easiest marketing method to track is leads. Yellow Pages, direct mail, TV, Radio, shopping carts, networking....are very hard to track direct costs to a Policy written. Make sure to track all policies related to the lead. I have an agent I met with this week that says he get's 2.3 policies per lead. Not too bad I'd say & he really knows his numbers.

Finally, I'm at DEN flying into New Yorks's LGA this evening. I have to be over near Ridgewood, NJ tomorrow for a 11 a.m. appt. & then rush to catch my plane @ 4:30 tomorrow afternoon. I have nothing to do in the morning & I'm an early riser. I'm staying near LGA....if anyone would like to have a cup of coffee/breakfast [on me] & talk business, shoot me an email with your contact info and/or leave me a message on my number below. I'll have a rental car:) :idea:

FYI: Shawn, I'll be back in Denver the week of May 12th. Let's get together then. Actually, any agent I have in the Denver area, happy to meet up with you.

----------

I have ordered a lot of internet life leads, Bob's are the best I have gotten.

Thank you.
But in my opinion, my Life leads suck....at least in comparison to my P&C leads. They seem to have gotten worse since the ACAct started last October.

"KidsGotHeart." I'd love to talk to you about them but I forgot your name. Shoot me an email so I can give you a call first part of next week.

----------

What would you say the problem with their med supp leads was?

I'd say our MedSupp leads sucked....seriously:( & I'm not even offering them at this time, that is how bad they've been.

I'd say our Life/Health leads are just a bit better but still, nowhere near the Quality of our P&C leads.

If you'd like to chat about them, shoot me an email & I'll get back with you next week as I'm on a road trip at the moment.

Back