Hometown Quotes

Well, requested my account be closed today. $147.85 to be returned to my CC. I had a few minutes to look it over and basically it's not producing good or bad leads. I am sorry Bob left as it was a different company under his guidance.

I will say when he ran the show, I had very good experiences with this lead provider. I would rate them the best back then, the easiest to work with. Not all the leads were perfect, but you didn't have to fight for credits.

At this point, it's been roughly what seems like two years since a lead good or bad, has been produced. During that time, I was doing fine elsewhere so it wasn't a problem for me, but at some point ya got to pronounce it dead.

I will begin the process of looking for a new lead provider to supplement my business.

Lead services like this one, are really to supplement your business. To give you names of people you'd never meet otherwise. Keep that perspective and you'll be ok.

Bob keeps saying he has his hand in it. While I have a lot of love for Bob, I believe that is a complete lie. I can only assume it is a condition of the buyout, transition, what have you. I don't believe they would operate the way they do if he did.

Quick Question... only thread that matched what I was looking for. I am an newer agent, not contracted yet. my question is... when you google "Life Insurane Quotes" and a website comes up that says "Get at quote in minutes with GetInsuranceNow.com (made that website up.) Is that a Licenced IMO that just has a marketing landing page website. Or is that Literally someone who has a landing page up and is trying to sell leads to Licensed insurance agents.

For example EverQuote.com, I think they are Auto but same concept. Are they technically I licensed agent or are they just a marketing company who are selling leads to licensed agents.

Quick Question... only thread that matched what I was looking for. I am an newer agent, not contracted yet. my question is... when you google "Life Insurane Quotes" and a website comes up that says "Get at quote in minutes with GetInsuranceNow.com (made that website up.) Is that a Licenced IMO that just has a marketing landing page website. Or is that Literally someone who has a landing page up and is trying to sell leads to Licensed insurance agents.

For example EverQuote.com, I think they are Auto but same concept. Are they technically I licensed agent or are they just a marketing company who are selling leads to licensed agents.

It depends. Some are run by agencies or IMOs to feed their agents. Many, most, are simply lead vendors who sell to aggregators who sell to agents.

Now strangely enough, Everquote is licensed. The story is they only sell leads, but they are actually licensed in all 50 states.

[QUOTE="
Now strangely enough, Everquote is licensed. The story is they only sell leads, but they are actually licensed in all 50 states.[/QUOTE]

I actually google them and there Wikipedia said (at least as of the time article was written) they are not an insurance company they simply just compare quotes.

So do you need to be licensed to generate leads and sell them to agents.

I am in the real estate business too.. and you have to be licensed to generate leads in the business and be under a broker. But you have wholesalers who will get into arguments with real estate agents who say "it illegal, you need a license to do what your doing." But wholesaling you techinically own the "rights to the title" which makes the house " yours" so technically no license needed,

But is it the same with Insurance, do you need a license to generate and sell leads.

I actually google them and there Wikipedia said (at least as of the time article was written) they are not an insurance company they simply just compare quotes.

So do you need to be licensed to generate leads and sell them to agents.

I am in the real estate business too.. and you have to be licensed to generate leads in the business and be under a broker. But you have wholesalers who will get into arguments with real estate agents who say "it illegal, you need a license to do what your doing." But wholesaling you techinically own the "rights to the title" which makes the house " yours" so technically no license needed,

But is it the same with Insurance, do you need a license to generate and sell leads.

Which is why it is strange they have an insurance license. One agent said that their system discusses coverages, which requires a license and that is why they have it.

Now, I know of no industry in which you have to be licensed to generate leads. If you claim otherwise, you will need to show me where it says that.

You do have to be licensed to discuss areas that are integral to the business: coverages, loan programs and if you qualify, real estate listings and transactions, etc. You also must be licensed to share in commissions. However, to merely generate a lead and sell it for a flat fee, regardless of if there is a purchase and the commission received, does not require a license.

Again, if you believe otherwise, please show me where it says that.

Which is why it is strange they have an insurance license. One agent said that their system discusses coverages, which requires a license and that is why they have it.

Now, I know of no industry in which you have to be licensed to generate leads. If you claim otherwise, you will need to show me where it says that.

You do have to be licensed to discuss areas that are integral to the business: coverages, loan programs and if you qualify, real estate listings and transactions, etc. You also must be licensed to share in commissions. However, to merely generate a lead and sell it for a flat fee, regardless of if there is a purchase and the commission received, does not require a license.

Again, if you believe otherwise, please show me where it says that.

Exactly, when I called up my state Insurance Board cause I was thinking about employing a Telemarker. They told me anybody who negotiates or even states a quote has to be licensed.

As far as Needed a License to generate leads. It may depend on the state. But, where I live in Massachusetts, yes 100% in Real Estate you MUST be a Licensed Agent to generate and sell Leads to a Broker referred to as a "Referral Fee". Not all states might be the same, I would have to look-up and find the law. But in the Mass RE Course you take it's one of the first things they discuss is what you need the license for. Real Estate has a ton of gray areas, too. You only need a License if you are a "Third Party Collecting a Commission" for a real estate Listing.

Wholesales technically don't need am RE License because they are basically buying the house and quickly selling it to someone who intends to flip it. So they are Techically on paper "owning" the house for anywhere from literally 1 minute to even 6 months, then Selling it to a Buyer. Then these guys have what is call Bird Dogger who find then distressed properties and pay what is call a "Finders Fee," But, everything get bypassed because the Wholesaler technically will be owning the property. Law only refers to a Third Party accepting commission.

Crazy stuff if you think about it.

Must be a Mass thing then.

Most states are not that way. I can generate and sell RE leads all day long, perfectly fine until I start talking about the property or want a cut of the commission. I just have to sell it for a flat fee for every lead.

It probably is a mass thing.

Very regulated state. I wish I had your way. I would just set up a landing page and generate leads.

Back