Hometown Quotes

Pirate91

Expert
Has anyone tried HTQ for their life leads? And yes I know I need to put up my website, buy a dialer, contract with offshore call centers, etc, etc, to generate my own leads. :daydream: But I'm restarting full-time after being out of the biz for a bit, so need to put money in the pocket before expanding.

I threw $100 at them once. Nothing good, and I mean not one single good thing. It's been a year and I still throw out emails and calls to the leads I got and not one has turned into anything. Maybe I gave up too soon, but it didn't start out well.

Haven't used HTQ, or any other lead vendor in years. At one time they were, at least for me, one of the better ones.

Things have gone downhill for several years.

And FWIW, throwing $100 at leads and expecting it to work out for you is a waste of time and money. I don't know what kind of lead you bought, or how much you paid, but even if you got 20 leads that is not a valid sample.

Haven't used HTQ, or any other lead vendor in years. At one time they were, at least for me, one of the better ones.

Things have gone downhill for several years.

And FWIW, throwing $100 at leads and expecting it to work out for you is a waste of time and money. I don't know what kind of lead you bought, or how much you paid, but even if you got 20 leads that is not a valid sample.

I can do a lot with $100!! For P&C in an area where I kill it on premiums, I should have gotten at least one reply I think out of 15. I think Everquote is better than Hometown and $100 on Facebook will go a long way. Heck I could pay $20 to sit at a craft fair and give away a $25 gas card and ask everyone that walks up if they want a quote. I could sponsor 4 weeks worth of lunches at a local place where people drop business cards in and get at least 1 commercial quote out of the deal. I could tip my server an extra $10 for my next 10 meals out and give her my card and ask her to refer someone to me. I could pay my teenagers to write out personal notes and send out 100 cards. That is 3 live transfer calls from Datalot. Oh man, the list goes on and on....

As I recall, Medicare leads were a test. I used them for U65 health health insurance. Supposedly they generated decent P&C leads at that time. Could be 8 or 10 yrs ago. Took me 3 - 4 months to get to break even. After that it was profitable.

HTQ has life leads and has a number of agents that work them today.
T65 leads: yeah, we tried that but never could make them work well.
Auto, Home: They are good.
But, don't buy leads if you are a one-person agency & don't buy leads until you get good processes down. Otherwise, you are wasting your money.
Oh yeah: I'm still on the board of HTQ but not involved daily.
I also have an agency that generates its own leads & buy leads from HTQ & other lead vendors. It is all about the processes, seriously. :)
Lastly: Hello Somarco, VolAgent & other longtime friends! :)

Hi Bob,

Haven't received a life lead in two years. Account is open, but thinking about saying goodbye. Not the same since you left the day to day. I haven't heard from anybody from HTQ during that entire time.
For years, things were pretty good, couldn't complain that much, but seems a lot different since you stepped down.

HTQ is on my clean up list. I am going to contact in another week as time opens up and see why I have not received a lead in two years. Did I piss somebody off?

If it's time to go, well we had a great run. I appreciate the business generated by HTQs. Just need to find out why my state went dead to life leads.

Back