Hospital Indemnity Plans - really a good add-on for MAPD?

JJ2713

Guru
I've seen people make the case that hospital indemnity plans are a good add-on for people on MAPD to cover the hospital charges of the MAPD Plan.

However, some MAPD have basically $0 hospital charges when admitted. Some have ER fees, an ambulance fee, and an outpatient hospital fee, but no fees for being an inpatient at hospital.

So if the MAPD Plan has no fees for being an impatient, then there shouldn't be a need for a hospital indemnity plan.

Correct?

Other than DSNP I haven’t seen a $0 hospital copay with a MAPD.

I generally set them to offset the per day cost plus a little extra, I.e. $279 copay @ 7 days, I’ll set it at $300 pay per day @ 7 or 10 days. That way the plan “pays for itself” and the extra payment takes the sting out of laying in a hospital bed. GTL has a nice product.

As long as they seem to be a Les to pass underwriting, I present indemnity on every MA appointment. When a member gets a payout, it’s the same as life. They tell ALL their friends!

In Miami... Humana GoldChoice, Preferred Choice Dade (United HC), Allwell, etc. There are many.

Unless I'm reading the summary incorrectly or something.

HIP m
In Miami... Humana GoldChoice, Preferred Choice Dade (United HC), Allwell, etc. There are many.

mandatory in my book
one week in hosptial +2,000.00 for a MAPD client

I've seen people make the case that hospital indemnity plans are a good add-on for people on MAPD to cover the hospital charges of the MAPD Plan.

However, some MAPD have basically $0 hospital charges when admitted. Some have ER fees, an ambulance fee, and an outpatient hospital fee, but no fees for being an inpatient at hospital.

So if the MAPD Plan has no fees for being an impatient, then there shouldn't be a need for a hospital indemnity plan.

Correct?

dont forget

Dental all the carriers want u to sell it as an add on now

amazing

Probably so, but thats a high premium product. When their premiums continue to rize u will have wished u put them on a zero premium HMO and filled the gapbwith

HIp
dental
ext...

Back