Hospital Indemnity Plans - really a good add-on for MAPD?

PCBI...

yes, the premiums for many MAPDs in Miami are $0, include $0 co-pays for seeing doctors and also $0 for hospital inpatient.

So there's no need for a client on one of these MAPD Plans to also have a hospital indemnity plan.

If the MAPD Plan does have a high inpatient hospital cost, then a hospital indemnity plan makes sense. However, the MAPD Plans I mentioned have $0 fee for inpatient.

PCBI...

yes, the premiums for many MAPDs in Miami are $0, include $0 co-pays for seeing doctors and also $0 for hospital inpatient.

So there's no need for a client on one of these MAPD Plans to also have a hospital indemnity plan.

If the MAPD Plan does have a high inpatient hospital cost, then a hospital indemnity plan makes sense. However, the MAPD Plans I mentioned have $0 fee for inpatient.

what makes u think zero everything is set in stone

i bet 2019 plan has a premium and copay if not 2020 then to underwrite a HIP too late when ur cluent has cancer or diabetes

they change with the wind and a disservice to not guarantee the clients safety the nextnyear

UNSTABLE MAPD coverage affects what u write as a stable HIP guaranteed renewable to pay copays when MAPD changes

wow u sound like u been sold!

PCBI...

ur statement is cery concerning “yes, the premiums for many MAPDs in Miami are $0, include $0 co-pays for seeing doctors and also $0 for hospital inpatient.

So there's no need for a client on one of these MAPD Plans to also have a hospital indemnity plan.”

very risky to think MAPD plan will stay that way

Subsidized
not guaranteed next year

g luck

I've seen people make the case that hospital indemnity plans are a good add-on for people on MAPD to cover the hospital charges of the MAPD Plan.

However, some MAPD have basically $0 hospital charges when admitted. Some have ER fees, an ambulance fee, and an outpatient hospital fee, but no fees for being an inpatient at hospital.

So if the MAPD Plan has no fees for being an impatient, then there shouldn't be a need for a hospital indemnity plan.

Correct?

sounds like u already made up ur mind

g luck

very risky to think MAPD plan will stay that way

Subsidized
not guaranteed next year

g luck
Plans do change from year to year. A lot of these plans are very different all over the US.

Everything seems to be doom & gloom for you. Do you have any positives in your life? You seem very angry, you post all hours of the day & night. Get some help and try not to be so serious. People come to this forum to learn, but bitching about certifications is not going to make them go away. Wish you well, but your posts are getting very old, lets move on.

Plans do change from year to year. A lot of these plans are very different all over the US.

Everything seems to be doom & gloom for you. Do you have any positives in your life? You seem very angry, you post all hours of the day & night. Get some help and try not to be so serious. People come to this forum to learn, but bitching about certifications is not going to make them go away. Wish you well, but your posts are getting very old, lets move on.
lol

I've seen people make the case that hospital indemnity plans are a good add-on for people on MAPD to cover the hospital charges of the MAPD Plan.

However, some MAPD have basically $0 hospital charges when admitted. Some have ER fees, an ambulance fee, and an outpatient hospital fee, but no fees for being an inpatient at hospital.

So if the MAPD Plan has no fees for being an impatient, then there shouldn't be a need for a hospital indemnity plan.

Correct?

Depends on the MA plan.... I'd suggest using a quote engine that can actually quote an MA plan and a HIP side-by-side. You can literally see how the HIP would "fill in the gaps" of the MA plan and choose the HIP benefits accordingly. I'm biased and will recommend New Horizons Insurance Marketing's quote engine which does this, but you get the idea.

Todd King...

I'd like your opinion on this.

If the MAPD Plan has $0 co-pays for being a hospital inpatient, then is a hospital indemnity plan necessary?

Many MAPD Plans in south Florida have the $0 co-pay for inpatient.

Todd King...

I'd like your opinion on this.

If the MAPD Plan has $0 co-pays for being a hospital inpatient, then is a hospital indemnity plan necessary?

Many MAPD Plans in south Florida have the $0 co-pay for inpatient.

Move over Todd. I'll handle this.

Why in hell would anyone need a hospital indemnity plan when there is no hospital cost to offset? Let me give you 3 reasons:

1) The agent wants to make another commission,
2) The client is an *** and wants to profit on a hospital stay,
3) The agent wants to make another commission.

Rick

That's what I was thinking. Some on here still say you need it, but I couldn't understand why.

The only logical reason is to hedge against the possibility that the $0 co-pay inpatient MAPD Plans change in the future and the client can't get a hospital indemnity plan then.

Back