How Are People Canceling Previous Plans when Using Web Broker to Enroll?

so, if they are told they'd be "migrated" to another plan design within one company, but they purchase from another, they don't have to notify their current company? Does marketplace notify?

I don't know about anyone else but I will be doing an active termination of all my 2015 Exchange plans (except for Assurant Health) between December 1st and December 15th, I don't trust the system enough to leave them alone.

so, if they are told they'd be "migrated" to another plan design within one company, but they purchase from another, they don't have to notify their current company? Does marketplace notify?

On Ex 2015 and 2016: FFM should process the cancellation

On /Off Combo, Same Carrier: Carrier should figure it out

On/Off Combo, different carriers: Client (agent) responsibility

Cynical answer...not a chance its going to work and we need to verfiy it happens.

Since we aren't establishing/using a healthcare.gov account to enroll, how are people canceling their previous plan from 2015?

You need to access their 2015 application. Choose terminate. A calendar will pop up asking if you are sure you want to terminate coverage. Choose December 31st as the date you want coverage to terminate. If you created a new application instead of updating and submitting your 2016 submission from the application that was auto generated by Healthcare.gov that application will be auto renewed based on information from the 2015 application. They say that the system will not recognize the duplicate application that was created. You will need to access the 2015 application and schedule it to be terminated on December 31st. If this is not done you could end up with clients being enrolled twice. They said that following these steps will nullify the auto renewal on the auto generated application.
I got this answer at least 5 times amongst other answers that made little sense.

----------

No they do not. If you updated their application using the auto generated 2016 application from HC.gov they are fine. The old plan will be cancelled and if they chose a new plan it will take effect January 1st. If you are concerned that the carrier will not get the memo especially if they change carriers go ahead and set the plan to terminate on December 31st.
I assume that the carrier will get the message since they get it when HC.gov set a termination date for lack of documents.

You need to access their 2015 application. Choose terminate. A calendar will pop up asking if you are sure you want to terminate coverage. Choose December 31st as the date you want coverage to terminate. If you created a new application instead of updating and submitting your 2016 submission from the application that was auto generated by Healthcare.gov that application will be auto renewed based on information from the 2015 application. They say that the system will not recognize the duplicate application that was created. You will need to access the 2015 application and schedule it to be terminated on December 31st. If this is not done you could end up with clients being enrolled twice. They said that following these steps will nullify the auto renewal on the auto generated application. I got this answer at least 5 times amongst other answers that made little sense. ---------- No they do not. If you updated their application using the auto generated 2016 application from HC.gov they are fine. The old plan will be cancelled and if they chose a new plan it will take effect January 1st. If you are concerned that the carrier will not get the memo especially if they change carriers go ahead and set the plan to terminate on December 31st. I assume that the carrier will get the message since they get it when HC.gov set a termination date for lack of documents.

So how do we access the 2015 application if we used a WBE for the initial application a
And have never had a healthcare.gov acct?

You need to access their 2015 application. Choose terminate. A calendar will pop up asking if you are sure you want to terminate coverage. Choose December 31st as the date you want coverage to terminate. If you created a new application instead of updating and submitting your 2016 submission from the application that was auto generated by Healthcare.gov that application will be auto renewed based on information from the 2015 application. They say that the system will not recognize the duplicate application that was created. You will need to access the 2015 application and schedule it to be terminated on December 31st. If this is not done you could end up with clients being enrolled twice. They said that following these steps will nullify the auto renewal on the auto generated application.
I got this answer at least 5 times amongst other answers that made little sense.

----------

No they do not. If you updated their application using the auto generated 2016 application from HC.gov they are fine. The old plan will be cancelled and if they chose a new plan it will take effect January 1st. If you are concerned that the carrier will not get the memo especially if they change carriers go ahead and set the plan to terminate on December 31st.
I assume that the carrier will get the message since they get it when HC.gov set a termination date for lack of documents.

When did the calendar start popping up? It was when you hit terminate, immediately done. I have had to do that with clients aging in to medicare, and if you did it before the last day of the month you were screwed.

You need to access their 2015 application. Choose terminate. A calendar will pop up asking if you are sure you want to terminate coverage. Choose December 31st as the date you want coverage to terminate.

While agree with your statement, there's just 1 problem. The FFM errors out every time I try to cancel 12/31/2015 - I'm guessing due to the fact that the system already thinks the plan is terming on that day.......

Back