How Do I Set Up My Own Website ?

Re: How do i set up my own website?

Why would someone pay $20 per month for hosting?

Because that is what it costs (ballpark) to provide secure and reliable hosting.

You can go cheaper with some of the companies I've tried and end up being constantly spammed to "upgrade" or having no control panel or a limited control panel. You can also have a company that charges a very small amount go out of business on you --I've been there too.

You get what you pay for in this arena. If someone just wants a "presence" then maybe you can do with less.

Agreed.

If you lose one case per year:
  • because your website was down when someone was looking for your services,
  • because a sophisticated prospect didn't want to enter information on a site with out an SSL certificate (https://)
  • or because your site loaded too slowly and they went to ehealth
you were penny wise.

Agreed.

If you lose one case per year:
  • because your website was down when someone was looking for your services,
  • because a sophisticated prospect didn't want to enter information on a site with out an SSL certificate (https://)
  • or because your site loaded too slowly and they went to ehealth
you were penny wise.

How much business do you figure agents lose simply because they are looking for and using something substandard just because it is cheap?

Selling insurance is a business just like any other business. Any good, successful business man will tell you that if you are not willing to invest in your business that you might as well go to Wal-Mart and apply for a job as a greeter.

I recently had an agent ask for my birthday letter. Several weeks later he called me bitching because it used too much colored ink. He wanted me to redo it.

I recently had an agent ask for my birthday letter. Several weeks later he called me bitching because it used too much colored ink. He wanted me to redo it.

Am I understanding this right? Somebody tries to leach your birthday letter form and then complains about it?

Yow, it takes all kinds. I once prepared a long document for someone as a favor and their only comment was that they didn't like the font I used. I was tempted to tell them where they could find a disk full of free fonts and then tell them to shove it sideways.

Am I understanding this right? Somebody tries to leach your birthday letter form and then complains about it?

Yow, it takes all kinds. I once prepared a long document for someone as a favor and their only comment was that they didn't like the font I used. I was tempted to tell them where they could find a disk full of free fonts and then tell them to shove it sideways.

Yep, that is exactly what happened. No good deed goes unpunished.

I'm gonna sit right down and write myself a letter,
And make believe it came from you.

Most times you pay for what you get. For the sake of getting something up and running, I would recommend finding a template you like, install it,and get your site hosted. You can do all of this for under $100. You always have the options of breaking up the template later to customize it work best for you. Feel free to pm me for additional ideas.

Wow, digging deep in the archives today!

Back