How Do I Set Up My Own Website ?

Re: How do i set up my own website?

As someone who's been around the block 10 times with websites, I can tell you unequivocally the BEST solution for totally professional, VERY CHEAP, and totally user friendly (able to be edited by you, online without having to know anything about code) is Wordpress.

You can use Wordpress as a blogging software, or you can use it as your website templates, and it's totally free and very Search Engine friendly.

After wasting thousands on websites in the past I finally got smart and here's what I did.

Go to rentacoder.com, put up a bid for a web designer from the Philippines to install a wordpress blog on your site.

Bid for less than $50 bucks.

You can open up the search for more countries, but I've had nothing but good results working with philipino dudes. Working with clowns from other countries has been a nightmare.

Then search google for "wordpress templates" and you can find some awesome, free and professional templates for your use.

This is the BEST website solution that exists on the market today, especially for guys like us who aren't web geeks.

I've set up almost a dozen of these sites, so let me know if you have questions.

Beach Broker

Beach...I have a Wordpress Blog (See below) and I have heard about all of the cool free Wordpress templates you mentioned. There is a great Webmaster Forum that always has a bunch on there.

I guess I don't understand how you take the template and replace it with what you have. Is it an easy process? The one I have now is a very simple one.

Ohio Health Insurance

As many of you know, I'm very much in touch with my "Inner Geek."

If this were one of the webmasters forums I participate in, Adobe DreamWeaver would have been the consensus choice for web design software.

:no:There are innumerable reasons why FrontPage sucks. It sucked long before it Microsoft stopped supporting it.

:noteworthy: Dreamweaver is not cheap and takes a little longer to figure out. However, it is probably the best software and it is certainly the most popular software that professionals use. If have a student or an educator purchase it for you, you can get $100 or so off the price.

Let's see. Mark Griffin. Griffin Web Design. I assume that's you? If so, why would you say "THEY charge..." Wouldn't it be "I charge...?"

Rick

No, I'm not Griffin Web Design. Mike and Kelley Palmatier are Griffin Web Design. You can visit their website Griffin Web Design - About Us to see that is not me.

They did make all of my websites, and yes, they are a local business close to me and I'm friends with them.

They reason I said "they charge" because I'm not Griffin Web Design.

I do recommend them all the time, because they have helped me and my subagents with websites. I do know them and talk with them all the time, because they host my websites that I pay them to maintain.

I did help them make a Insurance Template Website to offer to my agents and I also gave them permission to use the template on any agent other then my agents because of the deal they gave all my agents. I promote them and they can promote me.

Anytime someone helps me, I will promote them anyway I can.

I hope this answers your question.

Also on my other post if you see Door Hangers - Printing - DoorHangers.com. I'm not them also. I recommend them because they are also a good deal and I use them all the time also.

Last edited:
Back