How do you guys handle existing client needs?

Back in my days as a motorcycle dealer we used a company called F.U.S.S. which stood for follow-up sales system.

This was a fantastic program which back then only cost around $20 per year. You could sign new clients up for 1-year, 2-years etc.

When you made a sale you filled out an entry card and put the client's name, address, DOB etc.

Each week you recieved a box from fuss with the correct correspondance to go to each of your sold clients. Birthday cards, Thanksgiving cards, It's been 30-days (is there anything additional we can do to help you) type of cards etc.

The FUSS program was very customizable. You could set it up to do anything you wanted and the cards looked as nice as what you would buy at Hallmark. You could even have your own photos and logos on them if you wanted. They "touched" your clients 8-times a year.

The beauty of this program was, YOU open the box weekly, sign the cards (add a personal note if you want), put postage on them and drop in the mail. It MADE you not forget anyone. You could still call and keep in touch and the cards are your reminder.

This was a FANTASTIC system! But I just looked up their website and it looks like they just specialize in the Motorsports Industry. I wonder if anyone is doing this in the insurance industry?

Follow-up Sales Systems

Here is the pricing link Talk Fusion - Streaming video email for your business, as well as a full featured business opportunity. .

If you were new, where would you go to learn everything you could about HSA's? I am only contracted with Assurant. I have looked all over Assurants site and all I can find for training is the brochures. Any thoughts? Thanks...

Thanks for the info Matt.

When they first came out (as MSA's), I stumbled upon this site:

The new health savings account plans

Not sure if he's updated anything, but you might find some useful ideas and info.

Matt - nice video. How old's your son? He looks close to my son - who's 6. And great view from your window!

He is 5 and his Sissy is 7. Had she not been at school yesterday, she would have loved to "star" in that video. She is very excited to be a part of our B-Day and Anniversary video email campaign. She said she would have no problem doing as many videos as we want as long as she could send Hanna Montana a video B-Day card. The cool thing is that we can get them all dressed up and record all the clips, then input them in the system for the day we want them to be emailed.

I plan to create a series for videos for follow up with tire kickers. I am thinking like 4-5 unique videos and put them in order. The sytem will allow me to send them on the dates of my choosing all in one sitting. It will shoot me an email when the client watched the video so I know when to attack by phone. I bought the program with up to 10 minutes recording time for each email but I don't think I need to talk that long. The 10 minutes comes in handy when I get a house I want to wholesale. I shoot a video tour and mail it to my buyers list.

So far I have only come up with the top 5 mistakes people make when purchasing health insurance, which I found from one of your blogs, TY! It will be fun creating these things and I believe it will set me apart from others in my area.

Thanks for the info Matt.

When they first came out (as MSA's), I stumbled upon this site:

The new health savings account plans

Not sure if he's updated anything, but you might find some useful ideas and info.

Many thanks to you guys for helping us rookies on this board. I don't know if you can remember when you 1st got started, but it is an awkward feeling to say the least. I can kinda relate it to when I 1st started dating, with all those nervous feelings. Well, I'm married with 2 kids, so I got past that uncomfortable stage as I will with this. Hopefully some day I can ad some value to this board like you guys. Thanks again!

I just went back and watched that video.

That is cool!

Thanks Newby. I used my HDD camera for that so it took like 10 minutes from start to finish to upload. It came with a webcam that takes alot less time to upload but is a webcam look. I think I need more light down there for the webcam as it's kinda shutterery. The HDD is much smoother. I forgot to change lenses from the wide angle that's why it looks a little stretched.

I am debating creating a presentaition to email to clients but I don't think it will have the same effect as being live. Maybe using John's telescript system I could video the top 5 mistakes people make when buying health insurance, and add that to the script. "I can fax and email you the top 5 ".... and so on. It may just set me apart as most people react like you after they see it and think it's cool. Jury is out and it will take some testing in the field. But it may be a nice tool as I plan to hit the mountain towns hard with marketing Assurant. People could watch my presentaion in their jammies. I get an email in real time after they watch it, so I will know when to follow up. Again, I will need to test er out. I have also thought of using adwords and link directly to the specific video and target it to the mountain towns. Any thoughts from the marketing pros out there?

Thanks Newby. I used my HDD camera for that so it took like 10 minutes from start to finish to upload. It came with a webcam that takes alot less time to upload but is a webcam look. I think I need more light down there for the webcam as it's kinda shutterery. The HDD is much smoother. I forgot to change lenses from the wide angle that's why it looks a little stretched.

I am debating creating a presentaition to email to clients but I don't think it will have the same effect as being live. Maybe using John's telescript system I could video the top 5 mistakes people make when buying health insurance, and add that to the script. "I can fax and email you the top 5 ".... and so on. It may just set me apart as most people react like you after they see it and think it's cool. Jury is out and it will take some testing in the field. But it may be a nice tool as I plan to hit the mountain towns hard with marketing Assurant. People could watch my presentaion in their jammies. I get an email in real time after they watch it, so I will know when to follow up. Again, I will need to test er out. I have also thought of using adwords and link directly to the specific video and target it to the mountain towns. Any thoughts from the marketing pros out there?

You need to buy make the video look more professional and not like the crap you see on youtube. That is how you differentiate yourself.

This requires professional lighting, audio, camera and editing software. It would cost me about $10,000 to get set-up or half of that if I wanted to purchase used equipment. You already have a camera, which is ok for starters, but you'll want to use lighting and better audio as their quality is not professional and that will hurt you more in the long run.

You'll notice that the videos on the websiite you provided look great. They are professionally lite and sound engineered. I know this because I'm expert in video production and I have 2 Telly Awards under my belt, so I can recognize the good from the bad.

This doesn't mean you need to go out and purchase lighting. In all honesty, once you understand the basics of video/film production, it's amazing what you can do with things around the house, it's just a lot harder to do. If you're serious about doing this the right way to market you'll want to ensure that you portray a consistent message. There are numerous ways to set up shots that will invoke certain feelings and emotions from your audience. I recommend you take an introduction course to video production and/or hire a local college student to help you pic .

Although I like the idea of your video, it can be improved by not doing the following

1) Never stay on a long shot for the entire video. This is what amateurs do because they don't know anybody and haven't received and film/video production training. The sequence is normally long, medium,close-up... and then repeat the sequence. If you're going to make a short video use a medium shot.

2) You ALWAYS want to use light to draw your audience to an area (This would be you). People have a natural ability to seek out the brightest area on a screen, which is the bottom right corner. This is followed by the 2nd most important area consisting of movement in a shot.

3) If you do not have professional audio equipment, play around with the camera mic so it is not undermodulated.

I'd be more than happy to critique a video if you want some professional input. I won't be too harsh :)

Prior to my separation from the USAF I set up a training program to train NASA videographers and future airmen, so you can be assured I know what I'm talking about. Now you got me thinking about videos again :)

Hope this helps.

Back