How do you guys prospect for Small Group?

James, I agree with you, but phone seems to be more time efficient----particularly with colder weather just around the corner.

Oh the cold, we here in Tennessee haven't seen that much cold in the last few years, okay last ten or so years outside of a week here and there. I hear they put up large signs at the Kentucky and NC borders that says, "This is the warm State", kind of like Texas sign that states "We are the Friendly State". Yea my white lilly arse that Texas is the friendly State! Everytime I go too Texas via I-10 I pass that sign at the Sabin Pass and it just makes me laugh because I know I have a week of hell in front of me.:twitchy:

Well, PA is not Tennessee----it does get cold here. Although in the Southeastern portion of PA we have had relatively mild winters over the past 10 years, but every once in a while we get a snowstorm that moves up from the South that is laden with moisture and gives us a big hit. The storms that move in from the West are usually very light by the time they get over the mountains to here. Then again a Nor'easter is bad any time of the year, but when it's cold it really dumps quite a bit of snow.:rolleyes:

Well, PA is not Tennessee----it does get cold here. Although in the Southeastern portion of PA we have had relatively mild winters over the past 10 years, but every once in a while we get a snowstorm that moves up from the South that is laden with moisture and gives us a big hit. The storms that move in from the West are usually very light by the time they get over the mountains to here. Then again a Nor'easter is bad any time of the year, but when it's cold it really dumps quite a bit of snow.:rolleyes:

What's snow??? Oh yeah, it's that stuff they make in the mountains a few hours east of here so you can go skiing.

In California, we control our weather, just not our fires or earthquakes :)

I do a good portion of my marketing by physically going from business to business. I don't hand out any flyers just introduce myself and ask for their business.

Now obviously you can't hit as many business this way than by cold calling by phone but it's more personal when you talk to someone face to face and I've have had my most success doing things this way.

These leads are fresh, exclusive, & free.

With that said, I do know some agents cranking out about 70-100 telephone calls an hour for 6 hours a day and making a lot of money.

Delta76, do you do B2B physical cold calling or calling on the telephone? I am slightly confused by your post #2 and post #4. Wildcat, are your cold calls in person or on the phone?

I'm not right now because I've gotten lazy, but I should be. Some of my biggest groups have come from cold walking. It's a better connection and your more likely to start conversation and uncover pain. I think both phoning and walking in should be incorporated into the routine. Make X number of calls each morning and then go out on appointments. While on appointments, walk into a few neighboring businesses before or after the meeting. Rinse and repeat.

Smartass, you know what I meant, if I had $0 in my pocket I could still go and dig up my own leads and yes, my time is worth more than $0 dollars.

James knew what I was talking about!

I think someone likes to yank chains of others!:D I think he knew what you meant, maybe he was just having a senior smartass moment?

Back