How do you guys prospect for Small Group?

Anyone who has been on this forum for a while will remember a regular poster who used to talk about free leads. If you can really generate leads for free then you should sell them and make 100% profit.

My Wife has been doing very well of late hitting 5-10 person biz.

Boy, she gets a ear full as these folks are getting no service and current agents don't seem to care about increased prem. They don't even call clients to discuss renewal. At first she was staying away from groups but now she is really going after that 5-15 or so market.

Those monthly commish checks add up.

BTW, what do you guys/gals find is your best source for call lists, particularly if you are targeting small business groups of certain sizes? Do you use these same lists for B2B physical cold calling? I believe on another thread someone mentioned IfoUSA which if I recall you can be downloaded at your public library. Any input would be appreciated.

BTW, what do you guys/gals find is your best source for call lists, particularly if you are targeting small business groups of certain sizes? Do you use these same lists for B2B physical cold calling? I believe on another thread someone mentioned IfoUSA which if I recall you can be downloaded at your public library. Any input would be appreciated.

Yep, any thing like InfoUSA that you can get owners name, size and all that.

My Wife just walks and talks. She does a little phone work but she does so well going B2B that it just makes sense for her. Now we live in SE, MI which is very populated so she can drive 10 mins and hit a whole new area.

Are you taking over via AOR or bidding?

All bidding.

She seems to have a knack for finding pissed off owners. Not saying much I know as when it comes to health care costs all owners are jaded.

It just seems like that 5-10 area is so under serviced that if you show them that you care and will follow up they at least let you in the door.

Hate to say it but she really doesn't keep track of such data. I've tried to get her to keep track but she's not interested in it.

She is a natural talker and just figures go to next one. Personaly I want to know the numbers.

I brought her a digital voice recorder and wanted her to keep notes as she walks. I do this and note things like reaction,gate keeper attitude things like that.
She ended up using it for grocery list.../rolls eys
Oh, my kids have it now and is used as a toy.

Will say she blows me away if looking at ratio. I think women generally disarm people in this biz far more so then males.

For what it's worht the last 3 groups she took over were Assurant. Moved all 3 to American Community. All 3 had 17-22% hikes.

Anyone who has been on this forum for a while will remember a regular poster who used to talk about free leads. If you can really generate leads for free then you should sell them and make 100% profit.

Sorry about the "Smartass" remark, that's the bail agent coming out of me. Used to be in a family business of bail agents. Got out of that after a couple years. Exciting business but super high stress. Anyways, yes you're right...time is money so if you're spending time to dig these up then they are costing you an x amount of money. I guess what I was talking about was no out of pocket cost.

As far as this regular poster I assume you're talking about Petrowski. I have a business gripe with him that I won't divulge on this forum but I could never get the guy to answer his phone...anyways, I didn't get into this business to sell leads Somarco.

Most libraries have references online or at least around here, or if not you just go down to the library and use the copy machine or bring a digital pen with ya. While not free, it is about as free as you'll get. Geepers, now we are suppose to qualify the way we use free? What are we becoming?

Back