How Do You Know Which Company To Go With ?

Logan Five

I am thinking about getting a life insurance and I want to join-up with a big company, but, how do I go about selecting the right company to go with ?

I do have sales experience in another business and have been studying the Series 6 online.

At this time, I plan on door knocking, rather than prospecting by the phone. If I knock on 100 doors a day, I am looking to get face-to-face with 30 prospects. I am focusing on people who don't have a retirement plan or, anything to fund their retirement.

Thanks in advance..

Logan,

Those two particular companies are like the difference between french vanilla and vanilla bean ice-cream. They're called two different names, but so similar, it almost doesn't matter.

The difference would be down to the training and support at the local office level, rather than a company-wide comparison.

Keep in mind that neither company would 'sanction' going door-to-door... so you'll be the outlier in the office, if you stay disciplined on that approach.

You *may* want to also check out Edward Jones - only because they have a culture of going door-to-door. Yes, their focus is investments, but they are one of the best firms to learn to prospect and build a clientele from scratch.

This guy did door-to-door while at NYL. Since he was getting results that wasn't coming from his training at NYL, he left and became an independent agent.

https://insurance-forums.com/community/threads/d2d-l-h-annuities-tracker.88391/

And this article is about a guy who did a lot of training and studying BEFORE he got started... and that preparation helped him reach MDRT Top of the Table in his first year.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/tbt-learn-from-rising-star-financial-services-industry-lew-nason/

I second the Edward Jones idea. If you’re planning on door knocking for retirement funding, they’re the group to learn from.

Well what you should do is visit several of these recommendations. You see all these well deserved great names of companies. Centuries of work to get there and none of that matters if the sales office you work out of sucks.

Go interview, look around, shadow agents, ask about training, talk to new agents. Keep your eyes open and trust your gut.

I guarantee you every company named above has some great offices and some really shite ones. Try not to end up in a shite one. You can be successful at many different places if the fit is right. That's the beauty of this business. You can be as successful as you want to be. Just make sure you get the training from the office YOU go see.

I second the Edward Jones idea. If you’re planning on door knocking for retirement funding, they’re the group to learn from.
Does one need to have a Series 7 license to work with Edward Jones ? I am currently working on getting a Series 6 license.

Thanks

Back