How do you stay organized?

Just copy your paper files to a computer, and you can take them anywhere. In my eyes, you need to have a paper back-up. Too much can (and will) go wrong with digital.

That is why you make backups. If you are using professional cloud services, they already have everything backed up. But I try to keep a weekly backup on an encrypted thumb drive in a fireproof file cabinet... then once a month I transfer that to a secure hard drive that is kept in a fireproof safe.

Paper files fade, deteriorate, get liquid/food spilled on them, get lost, & can burn up in a fire.

My cloud files are backed up by the cloud host, who owns thousands of different redundant servers spread all over the world. If all of those go down, we have bigger issues than our business... the world will be in chaos... and then there are my physical electronic backups just in case.

When done properly, less can go wrong with electronic files than paper files.

That is why you make backups. If you are using professional cloud services, they already have everything backed up. But I try to keep a weekly backup on an encrypted thumb drive in a fireproof file cabinet... then once a month I transfer that to a secure hard drive that is kept in a fireproof safe.

Paper files fade, deteriorate, get liquid/food spilled on them, get lost, & can burn up in a fire.

My cloud files are backed up by the cloud host, who owns thousands of different redundant servers spread all over the world. If all of those go down, we have bigger issues than our business... the world will be in chaos... and then there are my physical electronic backups just in case.

When done properly, less can go wrong with electronic files than paper files.

However, that would create another problem for me. What would I do with all that extra space in my office or on my desk?

Back