Were the Doom and Gloomers right?

• Busiest AEP ever, plans are blowing up!

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Yawn, just another AEP. boring!

Votes: 17 70.8%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I think I figured out Cigna. I took their exam but I guess there was another section that I didn’t complete. Why let me do the exam if I missed a section before?
Anyways, I hope I can still sell them and didn’t miss a deadline for renewals.

Rbob was down for about 10 mins.
Cigna can be a little funky but you should be ok.

Technically, you did do it in time.

I dreaded this AEP because of all the people that have to be moved. I scheduled the first two weeks at 30 mins per app to move most the people whose plans are going to end, and so far (one day) it has worked out.

My SO is very unhappy that I am not making any new money right now, but if I don't slack off, I can get most of this done by November 1st. I had to turn people away yesterday, that aren't on MAPD, and on my schedule.

I had a nightmare just before I woke up this morning, that it was October the 1st and everything that I did yesterday would be invalidated. This AEP was a devilish trick.

Everyone laughed at me 3 months ago when i said chaos coming . It’s here and it ain’t pretty . Example is when only 1 out of 10 plans in a county for 1 carrier terms and someone tells their friend” Aetna cancelled my plan “ . That other person calls the agent of the person whose plan was cancelled even if their plan not cancelled . It’s even happening with plans that reduced benefits big . This will go on until march 31st . If you have a big book and your book is the same size as yesterday on march 31st you take that as a victory .

Last edited:
Everyone laughed at me 3 months ago when i said chaos coming . It’s here and it ain’t pretty . Example is when only 1 out of 10 plans in a county for 1 carrier terms and someone tells their friend” Aetna cancelled my plan “ . That other person calls the agent of the person whose plan was cancelled even if their plan not cancelled . It’s even happening with plans that reduced benefits big . This will go on until march 31st . If you have a big book and your book is the same size as yesterday on march 31st you take that as a victory .

But what year is not chaos? This is definitely my busiest AEP, but so was last year and the year before.

What I knew would happen is that most people don’t want to change plans. I’m having to change about 1 person out of 10. And that’s usually because their plan is termed.

According to this thread at least 70% of the people are still laughing at you.

But what year is not chaos? This is definitely my busiest AEP, but so was last year and the year before.

What I knew would happen is that most people don’t want to change plans. I’m having to change about 1 person out of 10. And that’s usually because their plan is termed.

You usually have to change 1 of 10?

Man I hope that does not become the norm, I usually change about 50 to 70 client but that is usually due to med supp premium increase, not that many MA plan changes

Maybe out of that number 15 or 20 or MA plan changes
Now I am doing 1 out of 10, that is a LOT

If I had to do that every year on MA I cant imagine how that would work

Back