How is New Jersey market for FE

Jack B

Guru
100+ Post Club
I recently moved from NYC to Central Jersey, in NY I sold FE in the ghetto mostly in Harlem, I was good at it, I knew how to talk to these people, connected to them....

Since I moved to Jersey, I don't know which neighborhoods to mail, I tried selling on phone, meanwhile it has not worked, I am a peoples person.

I guess I can sell in Newark Jersey City, or in other ghetto neighborhoods, I think though it might be lower quality people then in NYC, not sure.

Does anyone have experience working in NJ, please chime in which market works for you.

Thanks.

We have some of our top agents in the NJ area. What I will tell you is that if you believe you will succeed, you are right. If you aren't all in and don't believe you will do well, you are also correct.

Earlier this year I had an agent who was struggling working leads in a metro area. Great guy, but was really down on himself and the system and was very skeptical of the leads. I went and trained with him for 4 days and wrote just over $10,000 in the same area.

I sincerely believe the major difference was belief.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out!

Best of luck!!!

NJ is a great market. I wouldn't have believed that in the past, but we have agents that write good business there.

Feel free to reach out I’m happy to give you my thoughts on what areas have worked for me in New Jersey.

Avoid Camden.
I recently moved from NYC to Central Jersey, in NY I sold FE in the ghetto mostly in Harlem, I was good at it, I knew how to talk to these people, connected to them....

Since I moved to Jersey, I don't know which neighborhoods to mail, I tried selling on phone, meanwhile it has not worked, I am a peoples person.

I guess I can sell in Newark Jersey City, or in other ghetto neighborhoods, I think though it might be lower quality people then in NYC, not sure.

Does anyone have experience working in NJ, please chime in which market works for you.

Thanks.

In all fairness Josh I would pick camden before any other area but I tend to favor urban final expense sales.

my first $7 and $8000 weeks just doorknocking were in Camden.

Why not AC? If you don't sell anything, you can at least get a peak at the ocean and enjoy some awesome eats.:yes:

Between 2018 and 2019 I sold in 14 different States, from the North to the South out to the Midwest. What I have learned is that all our clients and generally the same exact people, some just speak a little funny. Or maybe I speak funny? LOL
Either way, it is just a matter of you consistently running leads and seeing the people. Having a standing Direct Mail lead order every single week is going to get you in front of people no matter what and if every batch of leads, there are lay downs. People still have a NEED for life insurance because in all 50 states, people die everyday and use funeral homes.Just make sure you are going through the steps of the sale process. I used the same pitch in every state, but in some states I say it a little slower ;)
Hope this helps!

Back