How is your temperature on MA sales?

In my area I have heard from of my former Humana agents that it is slow, but that is because of their inferior plans. They are pushing a local PPO that is worse than their PFFS.

I am averaging 20+ sales a week but I also have a large book of clients that I have kept in touch with that are switching to Pyramid or Wellcare. I had 8 sales yesterday, 4 Pyramid and 4 Wellcare and it is a no brainier for them to switch. I have come across a few that as soon as I sit down with them and before a word is spoken about the plans, I can tell that they have no intention of switching. I just do a short presentation and get on my way. I am not going to waste my time, I have too many more people that realize that the Humana plan is not the best out there. I am also getting a fair amout of referrals, so things are going well.

My goal for the AEP is 150 sales so if I fall a few short, I will still be doing very well. I am looking forward to Jan 1st to catch up on my sleep.:SLEEP::)
</IMG></IMG>

In my area I have heard from of my former Humana agents that it is slow, but that is because of their inferior plans. They are pushing a local PPO that is worse than their PFFS.

I am averaging 20+ sales a week but I also have a large book of clients that I have kept in touch with that are switching to Pyramid or Wellcare. I had 8 sales yesterday, 4 Pyramid and 4 Wellcare and it is a no brainier for them to switch. I have come across a few that as soon as I sit down with them and before a word is spoken about the plans, I can tell that they have no intention of switching. I just do a short presentation and get on my way. I am not going to waste my time, I have too many more people that realize that the Humana plan is not the best out there. I am also getting a fair amout of referrals, so things are going well.

My goal for the AEP is 150 sales so if I fall a few short, I will still be doing very well. I am looking forward to Jan 1st to catch up on my sleep.:SLEEP::)
</IMG></IMG>

Are you contracting with different MA plans in the same market or different areas? My contract won't let me sell other MA plans in the same county.:unsure:

Are you contracting with different MA plans in the same market or different areas? My contract won't let me sell other MA plans in the same county.:unsure:

What are you on some kind of exclusive broker contract with one of the top carriers? (something I and a few others I know avoided...)

If you were an indy - and have indy contracts, then you should be able to sell any brand name you want so long as it fits the client's foot.

Who do you represent? And how's it going in the county/ies you sell, if you don't mind me asking?

What are you on some kind of exclusive broker contract with one of the top carriers? (something I and a few others I know avoided...)

If you were an indy - and have indy contracts, then you should be able to sell any brand name you want so long as it fits the client's foot.

Who do you represent? And how's it going in the county/ies you sell, if you don't mind me asking?

Cook county Illinois and collar counties around Chicago.. There is 5 MA plans here. I sell Healthspring. It's a new MA since 2005. They have really good benefits, but less Doctors. That is going to change soon. Wellcare is probably similar in benefits or a tad better. They make you choose between them or another MA. I don't like Humana, Aetna, or Secure Horizons, so I wouldn't consider those. I also sell supps if I find someone that wants one. The contract I signed states no other MA plans. I could be switching my old clients back and forth, otherwise. I'm not having great success, but have done enough to get some renewals from last year and I'm closing in on some AEP bonus cash. This company throws out alot of cash incentive bonuses constantly and make renewals pretty easy to get.

Cook county Illinois and collar counties around Chicago.. There is 5 MA plans here. I sell Healthspring. It's a new MA since 2005. They have really good benefits, but less Doctors. That is going to change soon. Wellcare is probably similar in benefits or a tad better. They make you choose between them or another MA. I don't like Humana, Aetna, or Secure Horizons, so I wouldn't consider those. I also sell supps if I find someone that wants one. The contract I signed states no other MA plans. I could be switching my old clients back and forth, otherwise. I'm not having great success, but have done enough to get some renewals from last year and I'm closing in on some AEP bonus cash. This company throws out alot of cash incentive bonuses constantly and make renewals pretty easy to get.

Is Healthspring an HMO? Thanks for the reply. I heard Chicago is inundated with duals. I know agents from other states that told me back in October they were planning on flying into Chicago and surrounding areas to write up the duals on Wellcare and or Evercare. They claimed it was going to be synominous to the first year Med. Advantage was here where Humana came out and everybody and his brother were flying in here and signing people up left and right, which worked really well for those who just missed Medicaid by a few dollars and cents and for thos who just bring in under 1k and cannot afford traditional insuarnce and pdps.

These plans have there place for certain people but not all as we know.

Sounds like you're doing well. Good for you. So then, is it true or can you say that it's 'virgin' territory as one agent told me or no? I'm thinking no.... thoughts....

I used kingdom business center pre set appointments. They sucked. Just like I thought, they were more interested in covering their cost for the weak appointments than use a good script and set good qualified appointments! The owner's son who manages their own call center was boasting how they spent so much money on data..... sounded like he used to work in the mortgage industry as a data suplier... he was full of it.

for anyone curious about the Walmart initiative, in our store, was horrible, big waste of time. It does sound like in some strores, there is some success with lead generation and signed applications. I am not sure which areas, counties or states.

If you were considering in the future to sell for the IMO Kingdom, ask for a couple of references who used there pre set appointments.

Indidently, they are ignoring my request for credit or replacement. they really are no accomodating to the agent in the field. :arghh:

Westpac....if you do a search you will find many posts re. Kingdom in the overall forums.

I'm convinced you have to train your own telemarketer for best results, but your upfront costs can be hefty until production starts rolling.

Just like i thought....sales are rather tepid in the MA world.

Besides another FMO confirming lower enrollment nuimbers so far, compared to last year, we now see Cigna and Pyramid offering bonuses for apps submitted now.

When they up the ante.....they're falling short on the numbers.

Stay tuned to ....AS THE STOMACH TURNS.

Wonder what incentives they'll have end of Jan-March '08.

Just like i thought....sales are rather tepid in the MA world.

Besides another FMO confirming lower enrollment nuimbers so far, compared to last year, we now see Cigna and Pyramid offering bonuses for apps submitted now.

When they up the ante.....they're falling short on the numbers.

Stay tuned to ....AS THE STOMACH TURNS.

Wonder what incentives they'll have end of Jan-March '08.

:D:D:D:D

Funny, I came tonight just to see if there was a topic like this.

Last Nov/Dec I wrote 107 personally. This year so far 23.

Our group has only sold 100!

No one coming to seminars etc.

Funny thing is the local MA's haven't even done the same advertising or anything this year. Did they know something??????

Also many plans didn't even have kits or materials ready Nov 15th...anyone else see this??????

Everyone talking about lower enrollments period.

In Texas our top guy has sold 9. Yuck!!

We are changing our focus the end of the month!!!!

All the best to everyone!

Latest posts

Back