How is your temperature on MA sales?

I spoke with a gentleman a couple weeks ago and he was bragging on one of his new hot shots. The young man had just gotten his insurance license and had already written over 100 mapd's.

I had lunch with him yesterday and I asked about an update on his "hot shot" his terminolgy. It seems like he has had over 20 cancellations so far, he went back to his hometown said he was getting back into photography.:wacko:

Cancellations are much higher this year than last year. I think more agents out there replacing new business. One of my sales was replaced by a inferior plan, I found out that the other agent lied thru his teeth to replace it and was able to save it. The others I lost for good. I running about 20% in cancellation that I know about so far. The last two years it was less than 5 %. I have a couple more appointments tomorrow then I done with the MA plans for good. This year I didn't even mess with part D , more headaches than its worth.

Out of curiosity, how is everyone's enrollment of new sales for med advantage going this year compared to last year's enrollment?

Do you see the volume of responses lower, and hesitation to switch current plans to another MA?

I know people are getting inundated with enrollment kits and solicitations, including phone calls, but I'm hearing that enrollment numbers are lower than years past, and that there is a surge of medicare supplement sales.

I've been relying on free leads from some carriers, and that flow has been reducing, and in some cases, zero. I'm mainly concentrating on new sales, rather than replacement. Folks who have no coverage.

I know that my homeoffice is getting 4X-2X more medsups turned in per day since the 15th.

Looks like we weren't talking thru our hats after all. Just got a survey from Pyramid regarding what our discussion is about. HEHE
2008 Today's Options Agents' Survey
In order to create a better product, and to help you succeed through the rest of this year's sales season, we need to know your concerns, comments and ideas regarding our product. Please take a few minutes to complete the following survey. Your participation will help us help you.

1. How do your sales of Today's Options compare with last year?
Higher
Lower
About the same
I didn't sell Today's Options last year

2. Why do you think your sales are different this year?

3. How are you getting leads?

4. How would you rate the competition compared to last year?
More Competition
Less competition
About the same

5. How does the competition's product compare to ours?

6. Are any of your clients switching to a competitive plan for 2008?
Yes
No

7. If you answered "yes" to question 6, why are they switching plans?

8. Please describe any changes for Today's Options design, marketing, promotional literature or enrollment applications you would like to see next year.

9. Any additional comments?

10. OPTIONAL -- Please share a successful Today's Options sales tip that you have employed.

Is it too late to start getting into MA plans? I've spent so much time researching it... and getting contracted that i haven't had time to work with an appointment setting agency.

Is it too late to start getting into MA plans? I've spent so much time researching it... and getting contracted that i haven't had time to work with an appointment setting agency.

As far as "MA" plans go.... NO. However, you have to be careful about enrolling clients into MA-PDs if they do not already have a PDP. This is not allowed from 1/1 to 11/15, so basically time's up Monday for those who don't have a PDP. Not a real biggie... since you have from Jan to Apr to switch plans, and most of your prospects are already on some kind of plan whether Original Medicare w/ or w/o PDP. Just make sure your bag has plenty of MA only plans for those who don't have a PDP. (First quarter '07 I switched a lot of Humana HMOs over to Coventry PPOs, so keep in mind your prospects are not just those w/ Med Sups)

Note: Just got a message from Today's Options that as long as aps are postmarked by 12/31, they can accept them up to Jan 4th. I think that means if a client mails you an ap postmarked by 12/31, you can then submit it to the carrier no later than 1/4. Not really sure what they are getting at since I don't have clients mailing me aps, I fill it out on the spot. Rick will know more.

It's not too late and San Diego County is a great place to work.

Health Net has their PPO there with great benefits. Aetna also writes a good plan. I can get you a contract with Secure Horizons/AARP at a high commission rate.

Send me a PM with your phone number and we can talk. But you are in a really great area and can likely work year 'round.

As far as contracting for appointment setting, just contact your existing health clients. They almost all have parents.

Rick

Note: Just got a message from Today's Options that as long as aps are postmarked by 12/31, they can accept them up to Jan 4th. I think that means if a client mails you an ap postmarked by 12/31, you can then submit it to the carrier no later than 1/4. Not really sure what they are getting at since I don't have clients mailing me aps, I fill it out on the spot. Rick will know more.

I think I've mailed exactly ONE application into a company. Everyone accepts faxes.

Also, I have written only one Pyramid plan for 2008. I've been working in one county primarily and the main medical group is so fed up with Pyramid's claim problems that they won't accept them anymore. So I've moved my clients into Aetna.

Don't know what the big deal is about the postmark date unless you've included the PD on the MA plan. We still have 3 more months to write MA plans for sure and can write MAPD in most cases as well.

Rick

A few agents called saying the temperature for MAs are just about as cold as the weather here... I'm mid north.

So, it makes me wonder how all are you are doing in other states? Are you also finding these people have been beated up to death by telemarketers and the hot rays aren't so hot anymore with this stuff?

A few agents called saying the temperature for MAs are just about as cold as the weather here... I'm mid north.

So, it makes me wonder how all are you are doing in other states? Are you also finding these people have been beated up to death by telemarketers and the hot rays aren't so hot anymore with this stuff?

Back