How Many Cold Calls Until....

I know a financial guy who started out cold calling.....made $27,000 his first year (1988). Now makes a little over $500,000 per year.....and still cold calls. Ever see the movie "Boiler Room" where the young kid gets the doctor on the phone? I'm told that particular scene is common place in the financial world of cold calling. I suck at cold calling and to be honest with you I hate it! However, I'm now thinking if a guy 1500 miles away can sell a 100k investment over the telephone I sure as hell should be able to sell a $1400 med supp plan to someone 3 counties away-especially if I'm saving them $400 per year!!

I'm now thinking if a guy 1500 miles away can sell a 100k investment over the telephone I sure as hell should be able to sell a $1400 med supp plan to someone 3 counties away-especially if I'm saving them $400 per year!!

He sold that because he lied through his teeth. :)

Awesome way to look at it - I am bookmarking this response!!:goofy:

If it was easy everyone would do it....

but from reading your post, your focus is in the wrong place.

You can't think about how much you hate it, because cold calling sucks!

Focus on what effective cold calling does for you...it makes you $$$

for ex.....if you make 100 calls, you are going to make "x" number of sales...and then work on improving the number of sales you make per 100 calls.

Ever consider out sourcing it? We do everything from making cold calls -to setting up and confirming the appts -All you have to do is show up at the meeting

Just to give you of an idea on the numbers -from 1000 suspects what you can expect is 300 prospects that have some interest and willing to share their basic ins information i.e. Renewal dates incumbent agent / carrier / company profile / email address -most importantly the decision process (hopefully pain they have) Obviously -ones with family / long time friends as agents will not be counted -

From 300 prospects the 1st year expect 36 to 75 appointments

In my humble opinion -the key is determining how they decide on the insurance -and why they want to look in the 1st place -

If you're asking yourself how long will it take to contact 1000 suspects- it takes an average of 3 contacts to resolve a suspect from the list so it will take 3000 dials to resolve the list -how many dials do you make each hour? Our people ave 22calls per hour so thats roughly 137 yrs to call through the 1000 suspects and and another 41 hours over the course of the year to call though the leads (calling 120 days from each date of renewal)

Do you have the time to make the calls?

Let me know if you want to discuss this further

Thanks

Charlie Tan
866-580-4264 ext 208
[email protected]

Ever consider out sourcing it? We do everything from making cold calls -to setting up and confirming the appts -All you have to do is show up at the meeting

Just to give you of an idea on the numbers -from 1000 suspects what you can expect is 300 prospects that have some interest and willing to share their basic ins information i.e. Renewal dates incumbent agent / carrier / company profile / email address -most importantly the decision process (hopefully pain they have) Obviously -ones with family / long time friends as agents will not be counted -

From 300 prospects the 1st year expect 36 to 75 appointments

In my humble opinion -the key is determining how they decide on the insurance -and why they want to look in the 1st place -

If you're asking yourself how long will it take to contact 1000 suspects- it takes an average of 3 contacts to resolve a suspect from the list so it will take 3000 dials to resolve the list -how many dials do you make each hour? Our people ave 22calls per hour so thats roughly 137 yrs to call through the 1000 suspects and and another 41 hours over the course of the year to call though the leads (calling 120 days from each date of renewal)

Do you have the time to make the calls?

Let me know if you want to discuss this further

Thanks

Charlie Tan
866-580-4264 ext 208
[email protected]

Believe that should be 137 HOURS .. not 137 yrs.

Back