How Many Leads Do You Average a Week? What's Your Average Closing Ratio?

I generate about 12 group leads a week which is a lot.

Of which 2 might be legit prospects. Of the 8 legit prospects amonth I might close 2 of them. Sales cycle is about 90 days.

So I am maybe closing 4% of total leads.

Then don't post!:idea:

It seems like the majority do cold calls to generate leads. By mail, are you mailing people you already contacted by phone, or doing direct mailers, or both?

You can not do it the way I do it. I have a lot of years doing this and I do not do Aflac. You are to new.

I call and mail my book of business, orphan accounts (100+) that I have and referrals. My closing ratio is very high.

What everyone is trying to tell you is that what they do is not necessarily going to work for you. Unless they happen to be AFLAC agents in your area.

This forum has a lot of value for the veteran agent as well as the newbie. However, it can also give a person a sense that they are working when all they are doing is aggressively getting ready.

Personally, I think AFLAC is an off ramp to this business. But if that is what you are going to do own it. Do what the AFLAC agents are doing. Do what your manager is telling you. Main line the kool-aid.

What I or any other agent does on here does not reflect your situation. There are guys on here that buy and work 15 leads a week and are making bank. There are guys on here that are buying/working 20 leads a week and live off of their wife's income.

Advice: Do not hang out here during business hours.

That advice is worth the price paid.

In Robert Brown's defense I've searched for threads I KNEW were on here because I've read them before and they didn't come up on a search even with words directly from the title, or body of the thread.

You can not do it the way I do it. I have a lot of years doing this and I do not do Aflac. You are to new.

I call and mail my book of business, orphan accounts (100+) that I have and referrals. My closing ratio is very high.

What everyone is trying to tell you is that what they do is not necessarily going to work for you. Unless they happen to be AFLAC agents in your area.

This forum has a lot of value for the veteran agent as well as the newbie. However, it can also give a person a sense that they are working when all they are doing is aggressively getting ready.

Personally, I think AFLAC is an off ramp to this business. But if that is what you are going to do own it. Do what the AFLAC agents are doing. Do what your manager is telling you. Main line the kool-aid.

What I or any other agent does on here does not reflect your situation. There are guys on here that buy and work 15 leads a week and are making bank. There are guys on here that are buying/working 20 leads a week and live off of their wife's income.

Advice: Do not hang out here during business hours.

That advice is worth the price paid.

Awesome advice. I hope to have a huge book of business in a couple years.

Starting Monday, I am about to go through 4 weeks of "intense" training, with an experienced Aflac agent, that has been doing aflac for 12 years. I will listen and follow his actions very closely.

"I will listen and follow his actions very closely."

WHAT??? Are you nuts! If the guy has been there that long, do exactly the opposite of what he does so you can get the heck out of there.

Go find the EX-AFLAC employees and pick their brain because surely they are doing well.

WebNanny was not used in this post
WebJustKidding was used in this post

"I will listen and follow his actions very closely."

WHAT??? Are you nuts! If the guy has been there that long, do exactly the opposite of what he does so you can get the heck out of there.

Go find the EX-AFLAC employees and pick their brain because surely they are doing well.

WebNanny was not used in this post
WebJustKidding was used in this post

He has already been advised to not do AFLAC. You really can not explain the pain of touching a hot stove. Sometimes you just have to let them touch it.

I'm not captive, so if in a few months, Aflac is the horror story everyone says it is, I can get a different gig and will be more than happy to get advice from all of you on that.

Back