How Many?

Im currently writing about 1-2 apps per week. Would like to get up to the 3-5 range.

For those of you writing 5+ apps per week what is your preferred method of taking the app. fax, Online, over the phone?

I use all three methods, but I prefer faxed or emailed apps. I also mail paper apps to some clients that are not accustomed to using a computer or have access to a fax. It takes a while to get the hang of doing that, however it does work, and you really invest no more time in the application process, just an extra $2 in postage.

Not enough

I try to get atleast 10 indiviudals approved a month on health. This month has been bad from an underwriting stand point. I have had 6 declines this month on larger premium.:arghh:

I am totally against the e-mail app and mail app method and prefer the old school way of face to face, but that's just me. The insurance companies have tried to come into this century and allow non traditional apps to take place. I just wonder if it will bite them eventually? Fraud? Who knows.

Not enough

I try to get atleast 10 indiviudals approved a month on health. This month has been bad from an underwriting stand point. I have had 6 declines this month on larger premium.:arghh:

Ouch! That sucks, sorry to hear that.

I am totally against the e-mail app and mail app method and prefer the old school way of face to face, but that's just me.

The savvy marketers realize that it's not about "how YOU like/prefer to do it" - it's about how the customer wants/prefers to do it...

In 2008, the consumer has more power (information and choice) than ever before.

If you research the issue, you'll find that most people (not all, but a real big majority) don't want to see you in person any more than you want to see them.

They still have bad, sweaty nightmares of a fat, bald insurance man coming over, sitting at the kitchen table, and being the "thing that wouldn't leave" - while enthralling you on the latest "policy".

I am totally against the e-mail app and mail app method and prefer the old school way of face to face, but that's just me. The insurance companies have tried to come into this century and allow non traditional apps to take place. I just wonder if it will bite them eventually? Fraud? Who knows.

No offense, but I have to laugh at the fraud comment. When I started, with an old time captive office, there were people that still boasted about certain writing skills that they had, and had employed on numerous occasions. I was impressed by the fact that they were'nt in striped uniforms.

No offense, but I have to laugh at the fraud comment. When I started, with an old time captive office, there were people that still boasted about certain writing skills that they had, and had employed on numerous occasions. I was impressed by the fact that they were'nt in striped uniforms.

Hehehehe...did THAT bring back memories. We used to call it "artwork".

Had a guy in our office that was really good at it. He used to say, "if I go to jail, I'm takin' you guys with me."

Back