How My 4.1% Life Insurance Lead Works [Lead Sample Attached]

Rearden

Guru
5000 Post Club
Greetings and salutations,

In the spirit of giving that has overcome the Final Expense Forum as of late, I feel obligated to continue "paying forward" my success with an unusual lead piece I developed that's helped me get some nice sales over the past few months.

Example results from the mailer:

1) I've placed roughly 20000AP since last I began using this lead last month, generated from a total of 57 leads.

2) Next week or the week after, I'll submitting a $10k to $15k AP term policy (admittedly long-shot chance for approval, but worth mentioning) generated from this mailer.

How this final expense life insurance lead works.

Important - in order to effectively use the lead piece below, you need to have at least 500 clients (or former clients) you've placed life insurance business with.

Why? Because the power of this lead piece is that you are mailing to clients you've previously sold final expense insurance to ONLY.

All marketing gurus will tell you the quality of the list you're mailing to is the primary driver behind the success or failure of a campaign.

And with this lead piece, since you are mailing leads to people who've already bought and trust you, you're very likely to see a much higher response rate (and close rate) relative to mailers sent to a cold list, who've never purchased from you.

Here's the lead I'm using with private information removed:

2C45HZt

Lead Concepts showed me and mailed out this mailing campaign for me. They'll do the same if you contact them (no, I don't get paid for the endorsement).

Some last thoughts.

Every final expense agent should make some sort of contact with current (and past) clients within the first 6 to 12 months after placing the original piece of business.

One thing that struck me as strange early on in this business is how many prospects I sold MORE coverage to... that the first agent who placed the original policy, did NOT make the effort to try to place some more!

Why is this? I'm sure the high failure rate is to blame. But many of us are guilty of not going back to clients and seeing if their circumstances have changed.

Unfortunately, if you don't, someone else will help and you'll lose the opportunity to make an easy sale.

Which is why I plan on using the lead above on a continual basis. It keeps me top-of-mind with my clients, and eventually, when the timing is right, they will reply back and ask for my help with another policy.

Hope you found this post helpful.

Better yet just start calling that 500 client list up by phone. You will want to talk to each and everyone of them and if you are doing it right that alone should take you the entire year. There will be little time for anything else. Sucks to stop prospecting and writing new clients but it sucks more to be out hustling a new client while you missed 2 easy sales with existing clients.

Great idea.

I used a similar card, mostly on orphans, that had check boxes. Such as [] what are my guarantees [] what is the expiration date [] who is my beneficiary.

I mailed smaller batches so I could control the work. Something I found was I got more back, with more information, when I sent the card out in a #10 envelope with a #9 BRM.

One source of leads agents get every month and ignore. Commission statements. Great call list.

Since seniors get bombarded with mailers all the time, they should be getting used to what they look like. I like Wino's suggestion to put them in an envelope.

Just a thought: Would it have more appeal to your existing client if it didn't look so generic and maybe it was an actual letter that said the same with a signature on it? I'm betting you would get an even better response with that.

If ya'll think envelopes would work better, then I would use brightly colored birthday card envelopes.

Yep - calling for annual reviews works very well.

Better yet just start calling that 500 client list up by phone. You will want to talk to each and everyone of them and if you are doing it right that alone should take you the entire year. There will be little time for anything else. Sucks to stop prospecting and writing new clients but it sucks more to be out hustling a new client while you missed 2 easy sales with existing clients.

That's my plan this next mailer. I'll let you know how it goes.

Since seniors get bombarded with mailers all the time, they should be getting used to what they look like. I like Wino's suggestion to put them in an envelope.

Just a thought: Would it have more appeal to your existing client if it didn't look so generic and maybe it was an actual letter that said the same with a signature on it? I'm betting you would get an even better response with that.

My State Farm agent sends her mailers in an envelope address with a cursive font and stamped with a regular first class stamp. Even though I don't often solicitation mail, I always open hers just in case.

Back