How to Become Independent

Looking for an independent agent in the Tulsa, OK area to train under or get a start with? Anyone out there? Please send me a private message.
Thanks

I was captive but considering going independent in telesales due to the high cost of gas. Is it best to contract with a company that offers leads up front or contract with company where you buy the leads...obviously, there is a huge difference in commission structure among these two options...any recommendations on both options would be appeciated.

I was also a captive agent for one of the big 3 companies in Texas. I am still in my 2nd year as an agent. I found that the quotas were impossible, especially the life quotas. I also found that their marketing programs were not effective in my area. One of the biggest issues I have seen in the P&C market here in North Texas is that many of the successful captive agents have saturated the market. However, I would like to know what are some of the best and cheapest marketing strategies for new independents?

I've been looking at Ritter Insurance Marketing to contract with as a independent agent.
Does anyone have experience with this GA ?

Thanks

I have been in Insurance business for over 18 years. My Company does not allow me to sell P & C and I had to give up my P & C license 10 yeasrs ago. I plan to go Independent, but I also like to do my P & C exam and start selling P & C (Auto, HomeOwners and Commercial Liability etc.) as I have a decent book of Life and Health business that I can cross sell. I live in Central Jersey and I would like some pointers on how to go about finding a BGA in P & C and what kind of Support and Commission Structure can I expect from the BGA. I would be starting up from Scratch on the P & C front. Any help/pointers in this regard will be highly appreciated. Thank You in advance for your time and guidance.

Back