Hubert Humphrey Is Alive Again...

MLM is built on (a) internal consumption, (b) tool sales, and (c) recruiting suckers. Any MLM is that and nothing more.

You are not Hubert’s partner or associate. You are his customer, buying his dream product.

“What if”...if that is your attitude, you are a grape waiting to be plucked.

The secret to MLM is the auto ship. Yet that isn't an issue in this case. No matter the company or organization if it is a sham or doing bad things at some point it will be exposed and be shut down or just fold.

People will hear Amway which is still in business and think MLM in financial services. It's the system. That's it. Yes recruiting is stressed but recruiting can be a type of marketing and or prospecting. Today there are many agents who are in the industry because of Huberts or some form of his system.

Now here is a major difference with his company. As mentioned earlier he was there with Art Williams and the originals. Back then they were a marketing company so they had the freedom to add and remove companies as they saw fit. A place where salesmen were king.

Today that's basically how it is. If Hubert sees a company or product that he feels can help the agents he will consider it and implement it. Recently LegalShield was added to the mix. I'm sure many understand at the very least Identity Theft is an issue which can be an eye opener to an individual or business. Prospects, prospects, prospects.. Not to also mention 're fruits can have the ability to make money quick..

So MLM or not MLM he is the originator of the system many have copied and still in the game. Take the emotion out and make a business decision. For some and not for others but that train is going to run..

he is the originator of the system many have copied and still in the game.
His system resulted in a policy sales per rep avg which reached a high of 4 1/3 per year at its peak , to less than 2 1/2 annually currently. Who's really getting rich off his system??? Which readers here think they too can teach someone to hit those lofty levels???

The secret to MLM is the auto ship. Yet that isn't an issue in this case.

So lets say Amway forces an auto ship of $40 wholesale monthly on its force. Lets assume Amways profit on the shipment is $20. Now lets replace a product auto ship with a monthly online access fee of, say $25, which, because of the low cost per rep of using excess unused bandwidth on a corporate mainframe, results in a profit of $20+. You are arguing semantics. Profit is profit, regardless of the method used. The common denominator remains the rep's wallet.

Here's my thoughts on MLM: What if YOU are the last person recruited. What is the opportunity being sold for the last person recruited? Would it still be worth it if you're the last person to join?

Or are you joining for the "dream" of recruiting 3 who get 3, etc.?

Last I've checked, every financial services MLM starts out with a contract at 25% and you can only get an increase by recruiting. Of course, if you're the last person recruited, you don't get an increase. You'd have to leave and get independent contracts (or join a captive company) to continue in the profession at a decent payout.

Of course, how they explain the compensation isn't misleading, but it does mask the payout. "If you can get two families per week to save $200 a month, you'll earn $4,800 that month." (Obviously assuming a target premium IUL sale.) Then you run the numbers: $2,400 per sale x 8 policies = $19,200 premium x 25% = $4,800.

If a compensation plan shows a ending I would suggest one stay away. As for the companies I've seen I'm sure you understand an experienced agent on most cases wouldn't start at the beginning commission. Which is why sometimes depending on a company policy there is no requirement to start at the bottom level.

The bottom levels are there for training purposes as most or many new people start out on a part-Time basis. This little did bit is why people should seek out information on any company or opportunity they may be looking at.

As for the recruiting and advancement that again depends on the individual company guidelines. Not all organizations require recruiting. Hit certain numbers and one can advance.

As for the true MLM companies I do agree people do have to recruit bunches because the payouts on individual sales may not be that great. When MLM compensation is matched with financial products there is a history of some making great incomes but to me the difference is the commitment to recruiting and training.

If a person wants a great organization just recruit good people and train them. If you get a chance take a listen to the Hector LeMarque interview at https://grantcardonetv.com

Just a heads up but he is a big money maker at Primerica and I know some minds lock up at the mention of that company but the meat isn't about the company. The meat is his system and commitment to training. Some buy into it and some don't just like Huberts system..

Not everyone has a desire to be wealthy and not everyone will do what it takes to reach the top 1% but many can do a little to produce big numbers as a whole.

That isn't kool-aid. One should go by what they research and not by just what they hear. Hubert's system is proven. Those who look can accept or reject it. It's working again.

Hector figured out that selling dvds is the key to success, you're right.

I'm sure you understand an experienced agent on most cases wouldn't start at the beginning commission.

That fact is hidden from the force because they are lead to believe everybody has an equal shot at success, while you're confirming that your rank can be manipulated. Its common in MLM for a big whale to be recruited from another MLM, along with 1000's of their downlines and become an instant star however this isn't exactly broadcast to the entire force. In fact these examples are used as carrots to show what "hard work" can do when that really isnt the case.

The meat is his system and commitment to training.

Again, the force has a <2.5 policy sale per year average, excluding terminations, and would include policies purchased by the force itself.

many can do a little to produce big numbers as a whole.

A perfect summary of MLM. The corporation prospers while the sales force starves.

Tool I agree with some of your points as I have discovered the same issues but not all companies are the same. I have not had tools pushed or required of me. Really today many brochures are in digital form and can be emailed as with business opportunity presentations.

Are tools sold? Yes they are but it is up to the individual to purchase or not. If you took the time to view Hector's interview you would see it isn't about tools unless you consider sales trainings the prime sale. Now that being said I wouldn't be surprised to see some of his own products marketed to people in his company.

As for the MLM thing and company profits that's business and people determine how much and how little they want to participate.

Let me say this. My point is this. Everyone needs to do their own independent research. Don't go by what me, you or anyone else may post online. I used to read some posting and got swayed. It happens.

So if anyone is interested in Huberts company just do some research and make your own individual business decision. For those who may ask what's the biggest difference? The answer is simple. We have Hubert.

No hype. No kool-aid. No rah, rah. Just a fact. Will everyone do big things? Of course not but people will have an opportunity to build as big as they desire.

I do wish you the best.

unless you consider sales trainings the prime sale.
ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

people determine how much and how little they want to participate.
And the best way to demonstrate your desire to "participate" (your coachability and willingness to succeed and follow the winning system), has, and always will be, to make sure you attend all seminars, conferences and conventions, and to buy all the training/marketing materials, and to read all those books from third-party authors. Because, everyone wants to be a Stud......right???:D

Back