Hudgins Sales System

cdsnuts

Guru
100+ Post Club
Hello All,

I am new to this forum and have been going through the posts for the past couple of hours absorbing all of the info on everyone's favorite topic, MP sales. I am thinking about selling this but have not decided on an organization to go with yet. I am glad that I found this forum. Obviously, NAA has been an organization that I had entertained joining......until I found this site. One thing that caught my eye with them was the Hudgins sales system. They tout this as being one of the best methods of selling MP. I am intensely curious about this and would like to know what this "system" is. Is it really that good? Can anyone tell me (ex-NAAers) what this system is and how it works? If anything but to just quench my curiosity. Are there parts of it worth using in my own presentations?

Thanks

:dull:

did the NAA thing for two weeks, made a bunch of good sales, none of the policies I wrote were non-med. When the manager asked me why, I told him to leave me alone. I took the material and put my own spin on things, and send my own mailers now. High pressured sales isn't really my deal, i just show people the best product and tailer a policy that works for them. THe hudgins system is a good platform but i have never tried to get a commitment for a check before I get to the house. I use the the phone script but i changed it a little. If you want the info i have it all saved on a CD.

As you likely know, the opinion of NAA 'round these parts is pretty, well, not good. And for good reason. I would sooner leave the insurance business altogether than have anything to do with NAA...but that's just me.

Where's STI? ;)

The Hudgins sales system, what I know about it, is a very emotional appeal. It's got more to do with scaring people into buying crappy insurance. Yea, crappy insurance is better than no insurance, but the bigger issue is that there are better products for probably the same amount of money.

But this system is fear-based. I don't want to scare a client of mine into anything. I'm realistic, but invoking this kind of emotionalism is rather over the top...at least to my style it is.

The system is basically letting the client know before hand what is going to take place when you go to their house. It's called a tie down. It goes something like this "Mr. or Mrs. client, Let me give you an overview of what's going to take place when I get there Tues evening. I'm going to spend a little time letting you get familiar with me and my company, explain how we stand head and shoulders above anyone out there, find a plan that fits your needs and your budget, and get a check for the first months premium to send to underwriting to get you approved for the program." Then if he gets an objection he tries to overcome it my taking them back to the original reason they filled out the lead, ect. When getting to the house he already has a partial commitment and then plays off the emotion of the spouse by getting them to tell each other they love one another and then explaining how committed the other spouse was on the phone to taking care of the family. Then he gets them to tell him they can't say "I want to think about it" because usually that means you can't afford it or don't understand. Then he'll go on to assure them he's there to get it into their budget based on their needs. The only problem is NAA wants you to get it into their budget by incrementally taking away face amount until they feel comfortable with the price on their non-med product. If the people are healthy, they can get a preferred rate or preferred plus rate for alot less premium or hundreds of thousands more in coverage by taking a simple para-med exam paid for by the insurance company. Hudgin's has some good sales ideas, but the products contain alot of fluff like CI and DI riders with limited unemployment DI on Old Mutual for a substantial amount added on to the premium. Foresters has some orphan benefits and college scholarship incentives built in, but again the client pays through the nose.

which boils down to scarring the people into thinking they have a disease that has been undetected and non~meds issue faster because of no pera~med exam (which means the agent and NAA get paid faster because that is what it is really about) and people will throw it in a drawer until they need buy something they really want in 6 to 8 mo's then there goes the policy out the window because they were slammed and it was so easy they tell them selfs we can do it again next year or replaced by a real insurance agent......

Hudgin's has some good sales ideas,

which boils down to scarring the people into thinking they have a disease that has been undetected and non~meds issue faster because of no pera~med exam (which means the agent and NAA get paid faster because that is what it is really about) and people will throw it in a drawer until they need buy something they really want in 6 to 8 mo's then there goes the policy out the window because they were slammed and it was so easy they tell them selfs we can do it again next year or replaced by a real insurance agent......
Agree totally. My point was he has some good ideas on getting commitment on why it is important to protect their family. If you are truely getting them the best coverage for their situation, then the techniques get them to realize the importance of life insurance. For NAA, getting paid fast and one size fits all placement is their deal, no doubt about it. Sti, your agency is burning. Call the fire dept.:D

Sounds like a CD I'd like to get a hold of too. I could use the phone ideas and mold them to my sales style. So what's the scoop?

see there is some more of that NAA training.....the truth is clients buy life insurance because they believe in it and see the propose why they need it before you showed up and do not need to be told why is it important to protect their family.......these are the policy's that stay on the books..hell I have met people that will not take it out because they do not give a crap about their family.....people that have to be pushed into a life insurance plan will not keep it for more than 2 years if 6 mo's and I am estimating that is prob about 60% of NAA huggie system.......

My point was he has some good ideas on getting commitment on why it is important to protect their family.

Back