Humana Gold Plus is calling their very recent disenrollees

It all comes down to focusing on the controllables.

wasting emotional energy, and time on something you have zero control over only costs you.

This bit of advice is wasted on a number of folks.

I lose very few clients during the year (except for death). At one time I would contact them to find out if it was an intentional cancellation, oversight, or trickery. Almost without exception it was a waste of my time so I simply stopped contacting them.

If someone leaves, they have their reasons, and if they fail to contact me before making the change (and some do) there is usually nothing I can do or say to bring them back.

Renewals are like gold but when you get to the point that new clients are easy to attract, there is no reason in losing sleep over something beyond your control.

My guess is they called the company....

Not sure that is necessarily the case. I only had a Humana PDP (not MAPD) last year and there was a short period of time when I was receiving 2-3 Humana telephone calls per week. (With all the "switching" conversations here, I was afraid to answer them, so I don't know precisely how the calls might have proceeded.)

Not sure that is necessarily the case. I only had a Humana PDP (not MAPD) last year and there was a short period of time when I was receiving 2-3 Humana telephone calls per week. (With all the "switching" conversations here, I was afraid to answer them, so I don't know precisely how the calls might have proceeded.)

LD those calls were from Humana internal sales reps to try to talk to into switching from med sup to mapd . Your fresh bait . To this day I’ve never solicited one person to move from a med sup to mapd . Every single person I moved solicited me from a referral to do it .

Maybe I never noticed this before?, but I just found out that one of my members was called by a Humana rep to persuade her to stay on with Humana instead of switching to UHC. The rep guilt-tripped her by telling her that she had been with Humana for such a long time, blah, blah, blah. Nothing really surprises me anymore, but I always thought that those kind of calls were supposed to happen AFTER the person was disenrolled?
I found out that Aetna is actively calling "my" members to try to persuade them to switch into a cheaper Aetna plan that is new to the area and also sending them postcards to do so. Only 1 of about 70 or so members has swallowed the bait, but phoned me to stay on the same plan that I put him on originally. Aetna is still leaving me as AOR when they do this, but last year I was not as lucky.
Is this new or they are just being more brazen about it?
I keep finding that out after my comp sky rockets bc of plan switch commission is lump summed to me. Crazy shiat in this arena peeps

Back