Humana Gold Plus is calling their very recent disenrollees

Thats correct. It’s called plan transitions and shows the active old one and the new one effective 1/1/2022 as 2 entries. It makes your active # got up. If that plan is being replaced by another company it will lower it to one plan from 2 as the future active goes away.At that pt it says 1 of 2 things.” Client prefers non humana plan or option change . Option change men’s you or another agent moved them to another Humana plan. If its a Humana internal phone agent who moves your client from one plan to another yet again 2 plans will show up( the current active plan and the future different plan. But you will notice your the aor on the future active plan.Humana by 5 fold has the best agent website to track clients and any clients moving.

Last edited:
I think that some of these call centers agents have intel on beneficiaries from having access to the UHC /Humana captive /telesales agent telesales lead system maybe through a spouse or friend who is a captive agent.
I can confirm this is likely true but even on a higher level. I used to work in a "Call center" where the upline of that call center has access to intel from UHC, Humana, and Anthem. The intel level in that call center is, to my knowledge, at about the carrier level.

Thats correct. It’s called plan transitions and shows the active old one and the new one effective 1/1/2022 as 2 entries. It makes your active # got up. If that plan is being replaced by another company it will lower it to one plan from 2 as the future active goes away.At that pt it says 1 of 2 things.” Client prefers non humana plan or option change . Option change men’s you or another agent moved them to another Humana plan. If its a Humana internal phone agent who moves your client from one plan to another yet again 2 plans will show up( the current active plan and the future different plan. But you will notice your the aor on the future active plan.Humana by 5 fold has the best agent website to track clients and any clients moving.

One of mine shows OPTION CHANGE, but I do NOT see a 2nd entry (yet?).
I’m hopeful that it might yet show up soon since I think that it was a CSNP member who lost her diabetes certification and MAYBE called in to a phone number on a Humana letter?

Dtr was snippy with me when I phoned her last week. My Humana BOB is the most challenging to retain since it has a tendency to drop PCPs that it doesn’t like PLUS scores of hungry UHC agents in my area who poach anything that is Humana.

Last edited:
One of mine shows OPTION CHANGE, but I do NOT see a 2nd entry (yet?).
I’m hopeful that it might yet show up soon since I think that it was a CSNP member who lost her diabetes certification and MAYBE called in to a phone number on a Humana letter?

Dtr was snippy with me when I phoned her last week. My Humana BOB is the most challenging to retain since it has a tendency to drop PCPs that it doesn’t like PLUS scores of hungry UHC agents in my area who poach anything that is Humana.

I’m willing to bet somebody moved them to another Humana plan . My option change by an obvious internal Humana rep was immediate thus both entries showed up. In my area we have a $50 food card Humana csnp . So a very easy weapon to move diabetic or heart regular plan to csnp yr round . But you must be careful as Humana strict on getting the form filled out . United much much easier on their csnp . Last yr I did 90/10 Humana business over United . This yr I’m 50/50 as United retention much much better than Humana .

The loyalty of clients toward United quite amazing . I’ve yet to hear 1 customer say they didn’t like United .I started noticing it last yr when Humana had the food card and United didn’t . 80-90% of United customers still refused to move . Then United came out with a food card for 2022 and I’ve moved a ton. I’d say 60% of my business this aep is just plan changes within the same company . I’ve mastered Small changes within plans and 90% of people have no hands on agents and want one . Phone reps very aggressively using United .

I’m willing to bet somebody moved them to another Humana plan . My option change by an obvious internal Humana rep was immediate thus both entries showed up. In my area we have a $50 food card Humana csnp . So a very easy weapon to move diabetic or heart regular plan to csnp yr round . But you must be careful as Humana strict on getting the form filled out . United much much easier on their csnp . Last yr I did 90/10 Humana business over United . This yr I’m 50/50 as United retention much much better than Humana .

The loyalty of clients toward United quite amazing . I’ve yet to hear 1 customer say they didn’t like United .I started noticing it last yr when Humana had the food card and United didn’t . 80-90% of United customers still refused to move . Then United came out with a food card for 2022 and I’ve moved a ton. I’d say 60% of my business this aep is just plan changes within the same company . I’ve mastered Small changes within plans and 90% of people have no hands on agents and want one . Phone reps very aggressively using United .

i confirmed with Humana Agent Support that ANOTHER AGENT moved the mb to the regular base Humana plan. At least, I had the mb for 6 years up to now. Humana is harder for retention in my territory also. Unlike UHC, the Humana CSNP benefits are worse than the base plan. There is a big push to put any chronic prospects into a CSNP with UHC, not so with Humana.

Last edited:

It might be something unique to So Texas? UHC (through our predominant medical group Wellmed, which is also owned by Optum) does an incomparable job at managing chronic conditions). I’m not sure that Humana has the same superior structure in place? The Humana Chronic plan is only there to use as a potential SEP to use when another viable one is not available. When AEP rolls around, agent must flip the chronic mb to a “regular” Humana Gold OR another agent will. Because Wellmed Medical group rules over So Texas, Humana can only get about a 20% market share in the area whereas UHC is ~ 50%.

Just the opposite in my working areas . United has a scam csnp with $3500 dental and $305 otc and 0/0 drs.But all hospital and outpatient a flat 20% and $1400 hospital deductible . People so greedy for the 0/0 dr they buy it . It was great for duals as no medical bills. But big opp to replace all those duals with $100 food card . Unfortunately when you work duals your always going to be looking over your shoulder for the company offering better sexier benefits .

Back