Humana Gold Plus is calling their very recent disenrollees

The problem is the way you’re looking at it.

The insurance company recognize them as their clients and you’re just a means to an end they’re not your clients.

Is this still allowed? Calling former clients to verify they meant to disenroll? I have a client who switched plans, but she is still with the same carrier.

It’s not fair game . It’s against Cms rules . It’s clearly stated when they initiate disenrollment you can’t contact them . If they call in and complain you called them its a sales incident . What baseball says is correct . The CO’s spit on us . Were just necessary evils to bring them the clients . After that it’s like we don’t exist . As far as putting wrong #’s on the enrollment . I do a digit off but it only works for a short period of time . Eventually your client will call the company and they’ll get the correct #

It’s not fair game . It’s against Cms rules . It’s clearly stated when they initiate disenrollment you can’t contact them . If they call in and complain you called them its a sales incident . What baseball says is correct . The CO’s spit on us . Were just necessary evils to bring them the clients . After that it’s like we don’t exist . As far as putting wrong #’s on the enrollment . I do a digit off but it only works for a short period of time . Eventually your client will call the company and they’ll get the correct #

you don’t have to put an incorrect #. A phone number is optional.

I'm not too familiar with Humana because I don't do a lot of business with them, but I just had them steal (in my opinion) two of my clients who had existing plans, and then when I checked my client list, they were suddenly moved to other Humana plans.

I'm sorry, but this practice honestly needs to be outlawed. I don't care if they're moving to another plan, if it's within THE SAME EXACT COMPANY, I should stay the existing agent of record, unless the client explicitly states they want someone else as their agent. This is business that you never would have had if it wasn't for me.

My guess is they called the company, probably caught someone in sales, and were likely convinced to try a different plan. It's such a joke. This is why I like Aetna.....they don't have any in-house agents competing for business.

It all comes down to focusing on the controllables.

wasting emotional energy, and time on something you have zero control over only costs you.

No my friend. It all comes down to lobbying. We agents/brokers all need to be regularly meeting with NAHU or another major source that has power in Washington, monthly. No lobbying power, we get tossed aside and forgotten about. To just throw our hands up in the air and say "Oh well...gosh gee...I can't control anything" is not the way.

I'm not too familiar with Humana because I don't do a lot of business with them, but I just had them steal (in my opinion) two of my clients who had existing plans, and then when I checked my client list, they were suddenly moved to other Humana plans.

I'm sorry, but this practice honestly needs to be outlawed. I don't care if they're moving to another plan, if it's within THE SAME EXACT COMPANY, I should stay the existing agent of record, unless the client explicitly states they want someone else as their agent. This is business that you never would have had if it wasn't for me.

My guess is they called the company, probably caught someone in sales, and were likely convinced to try a different plan. It's such a joke. This is why I like Aetna.....they don't have any in-house agents competing for business.

I had this happen to me, but I remained the AOR. Are you sure it was an internal agent? Humana's AOR pledge says that you will remain the AOR if the change occurs through telesales.

That’s the biggest movement of all policys in mapd . 85% of people agents talk to wether a referral or leads have an existing plan . All CO’s have 5-10 plans per area . It’s there fault this going on . They have so many products almost alike it allows flipping .80% of clients don’t even know who their agent is , haven’t talked to them in yrs or bought over the phone . Of course I’m moving that client and 85% of the time it stays with the same company with a better plan . If an agents not taking care of their client I will. But in mapd we all get some business taken .

If a policy is moved by an internal sales rep you don’t lose the Aor .A ton of call center agents tell the clients there with Humana or United . So even if there good client they think company moved them and you’ll still be the agent . Aetna is the worst in allowing Aor changes and I never write them . Member can simply call in to customer service while agents in the house and tell the rep they want you as the Aor . They change it right then. With United impossible to change Aor on existing plan and Humana very difficult. Mapd the cutthroat insurance segment perio .We don’t own the business . To them were non existent. Hell you can’t do any service work on phone without client on . They want us gone so they save big money

Back