Humana Marketpoint Question?

I have a very good "Deligated GA contract" with and FMO... We work both TN and GA out of the Chattanooga TN area. I get very good support from the Humana Area managers for GA and TN. Per area managers, Humana has seen the production form the "delegated channel", and say they want to support us more. We'll see...
As an independent agency working with Medicare beneficiaries in this market, I am contracted with all of the plans except one MAPD MCO. We use medicare,gov to educate and compare objectively all of the plans with our prospects. In the past couple of years Humana has been the market leader by a wide margin. "BUT" it depends on your prospect and location. I'm estimating overall a 80% close ratio and the large majority of MAPD's are Humana.
If you have any more questions , you cant contact me directly. 800 759 5345..

Last edited:
I guess it just depends on the office you are working with for Humana and the support you will receive.

Then again, that can be said of most insurance carriers!

Some offices will help you with leads. But leads are for closers. :)

Some FMO's offer leads from Humana too depending on where you are, etc. In general (at least in my experience) the leads are in rural areas and other areas in which they don't want their captive force focusing heavily upon. In other words, areas where the plans aren't as good from either a premium or benefit standpoint. But that doesn't mean there aren't sales to be made. It might actually be better now that they have more SNP's.

A FMO did a mail drop for me once but I targeted the wrong area, one that was already blanketed with captive agents. I got no calls except for people trying to reach a captive agent.

Rusty Lamb is the guy here, in Atlanta. A real straight shooter. He will walk away from a deal in Humana is not a fit.

I've been with them on both sides, and get great service. Of course, I am near the office, so I stop by and get supplies as needed.

I signed up for their VA benefits package, but haven't sold one yet.

Do you know Ricky Massey down there in Atlanta he's a pretty nice guy and I have had several of my agents attend his training classes

Rusty Lamb is the guy here, in Atlanta. A real straight shooter. He will walk away from a deal in Humana is not a fit.

I've been with them on both sides, and get great service. Of course, I am near the office, so I stop by and get supplies as needed.

I signed up for their VA benefits package, but haven't sold one yet.

I have an independent contract with Humana (with MarketPoint). It's not all that great of a contract but I write business with them occasionally. I will tell you that the online apps and the customer service has been nothing but poor on every level.

Too many departments..too many chiefs, not enough indians.

I quit Combined (dont get me wrong i banked 14k after taxes since Oct..I just got tired of banging on doors here in FREEZING Buffalo..im halfway through the Humana test and im not sure whats goona happen when i pass it! Will they offer me to be captive? say have a nice day thanks for the 100 dollar test fee now make sure all of your supp writing is with us? they did an extensive background check so who freakin knows...i do know this test will not be easy..i have 3 tries

Back