I hate this certification BS

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
Decided to take AHIP for 2022. I must have taken it in the past because I was registered as a user. Thought that after taking the final exam on the first 5 modules that I was done. Nope had to do 3 more. Couldn't skip pages so I decided to actually read some of it. Took me about 5 hours total. Now each carrier requires more training. What a PITA.

Once you get used to it it’s a cinch. I read zero slides and finished it all with the exam in less than 2 hours. I know someone will come on here and say I’m gloating. I’m not. It’s easy if you know how this stuff works.
My MAPD biz pays me $100k/year alone. 8 hours of my time is easily worth it.

I decided to license with Anthem . Longest certification by far . I like to read everything . About 11 different sections . Took 90 mins . Scored 100 on all of them . All this is very easy from ahip on down . Now comes Aca certification .

Once you get used to it it’s a cinch. I read zero slides and finished it all with the exam in less than 2 hours. I know someone will come on here and say I’m gloating. I’m not. It’s easy if you know how this stuff works.
My MAPD biz pays me $100k/year alone. 8 hours of my time is easily worth it.

What % of your mapd business is dual? Do you shop your mapd clients yearly and move a lot of them ?

The older I get the more I hate to do any of this stuff. Done with AHIP and UHC. If I would have not listened to the AARP video I would not have passed the exam. Who knows their founder was a high school principal in CA? Still got FB, Humana and Cigna to go. What worries me is if I develop health issues and cannot certify. I guess I could sell my BOB if that happens.

What % of your mapd business is dual? Do you shop your mapd clients yearly and move a lot of them ?

Probably less than 1%. I market t65’s and seminars/webinars do not attract that crowd.
During aep I send my clients a letter/email that we need to have a 30 min one-on-one talk about their plan. I’m not shopping it for them per se. I’m seeing if they like their plan or if they hate it. 95% of them say they like it but they want to know if they are missing out on something because of the commercials.
I briefly tell them that I can reduce their part b premiums or give them more dental, but it will do this or that to your plan. Often, I’ll have clients on a part b refund plan asking how they can get a plan that reduces their part b premium.
Or, clients who have a PPO who want more dental or a part b refund. I tell them it’s one or the other.

This year I just found out that a good ppo is giving a $110 part b refund with decent copays and a huge network. Gonna be interesting.

Plans

Attachments

• A83626FF-1DBD-4CE0-B9D8-B34DA093E069.jpeg
    A83626FF-1DBD-4CE0-B9D8-B34DA093E069.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 371F6128-B3D6-4BA6-945F-DACFE4A5A184.jpeg
    371F6128-B3D6-4BA6-945F-DACFE4A5A184.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 30
Tampa has tons of $140 part b give givebacks . I’d hate to be selling medigap in Fla . How can one compete against $140 giveback , $2500 moop and $10 copays ? I’ve had an incredible first yr selling mapd but I’m anxious about retention as I have a lot of duals and lis . Plans are changing big yearly which means I either move some people are my business will be poached . Im targeting much more middle class this aep and looking at targeting some medigap .

Back