I hate this certification BS

I took mine in a spare bedroom/office. Did still drink bourbon though. Passed with a 98. I will say I kind of wish I knew which question I missed.

I have yet to see a contradiction but no one really cares. The test is easy. Take it, don’t take it, I don’t care.

Probably shouldn't have started this thread. My point wasn't that AHIP is hard to pass because I made a 98 on the final. In my opinion all of this certification BS every year is however a major PITA.

Probably shouldn't have started this thread. My point wasn't that AHIP is hard to pass because I made a 98 on the final. In my opinion all of this certification BS every year is however a major PITA.

No worries. It is a PITA. Some day imo these commissions associated will be gone as will AHIP. The programs are giving away things as our country drowns into a debt spiral. Something is gonna break and brokered agents will be the first to get the axe.

There will have to be cut backs eventually.

IMO

All I can say is don't think you can depend on renewals from any health insurance product long term. Too many things can happen that are beyond your control.

All I can say is don't think you can depend on renewals from any health insurance product long term (Penn Treaty, Shanandoah, American Travellers, something States, AFL). Too many things can happen that are beyond your control.

Ive lost renewals from many insurance companies that seemed healthy but end up in receivership . MAPD are subsidized Govt programs. When the cuts start coming to service this debt someday, Govt will say we cant pay 25% renewal commissions guaranteed. It will dcline down to 1-2% someday. My apples are not all in these programs which makes this AHIP thing a real PITA bc if u dont do all the training they already AXE us as agents of ur client. u cannot retire rather endless testing into ur grave. Thats the first RED flag.

Last edited:
Sorry you guys are going through the AHIP crap. Why don't you buy a can of raid and join me in FE. If you can handle the fleas, bedbugs, and roaches, you should do just fine. :laugh:

Yes when you get to my age where retirement sounds more appealing you worry what will happen if you get sick and can't certify. I guess before you lose a BOB you could sell it.

Back