If I Find You a Better Deal...

I do not ask think. I ask them will you apply with me then. If they say anything but yes I say they can go else where. Oh, by the way, you must not trust the agent to do what is best for you or you would not be calling me. I hope you find an agent you can trust soon. Have a great day. Hang up.

Just for you, I will try to make them more interesting in the future.

Starting now.

Did you hear the one about the priest, rabbi and minister?

Hahaha, you have some long posts too Bob...but Barney just goes on and on and ..........................:laugh:

Yes, I just saw that one recently. lol

Is rabbi still a member?

Don't think so. That's why we can make jokes.

Back on topic, depends on my mood. Sometimes I will blow them off, somedays I will see if I can reel them in.

If they are already working with someone I want to know why. So I ask questions.

Is this an agent you have known a long time, or is this your current agent?

Why are you still looking if you found an agent that pleases you?

How did you find them (or how did they find you)?

Did they just give you a rate on plans you were looking for or did they take the time to educate you on market history, renewals, which plans are going away, which ones will be increasing rates more than normal next year, etc.

By this time they have either tired of my questions and just ask for the damn rate.

Or they are willing to listen to what I have to offer.

If they just want a rate I give them the absolute lowest rate for the plan(s) and wish them well. Just rates. No carrier names. No commentary.

If they are willing to listen I do what I can to neutralize the other agent by giving information that has not been forthcoming from the other agent.

If I can establish a dialogue I rarely lose out to another agent.

What Bro Somarco said. . . .

We need to probe deeper. Be stern and stick to your guns. . . and above all dont show irritation at this goober (said more to myself, rather than you all).

Think about the goldmine you just found if this guy has a Variable Annuity, and we are doing FIA's.

We can spank they other agent, and develop a fan in the client once we show all of the fees that are chewing up his retirement. . .

Your mileage may vary!

Tevis

Back