IMO/FMO for new agent focusing on life & health

dbab

Super Genius
Hey guys,

I'm looking into getting licensed for life & health in Texas. I need to start out part time before going full time so my plan is to start out independent instead of captive. I'm looking into different IMO/FMOs and, to be honest, some seem pretty sketchy. Can I get some recommendations on good IMO/FMOs to look into?

As I mentioned earlier, I will start out part time. I also don't want to be required to purchase a certain amount of leads each week/month.

The most important thing is I do want an IMO/FMO that will provide support/training when it comes non-lead generating or sales questions. For example, if I have a question about a specific policy, carrier restriction, form, etc. etc. I would like to be able to hop on the phone (or email) someone who can help me out in a timely manner.

how do you plan on acquiring clients?

Purchasing leads certainly isn't out of the question! I just don't want to be forced to buy a certain number while I am starting out part time, and still trying to learn how to actually sell insurance.

As far as lead generation goes, I plan on generating my own leads through:
  • Digital marketing (seo/fb ads/email marketing etc. etc.)
  • Possibly doing my own direct mail pieces (still researching this)
  • Making it known to my local network that I'm in insurance sales (tell everyone I meet and always carry a business card type of thing)
  • I would also like to test out door to door as well

I found the basic information for sales was met with FFL. They are who got me started just a few months ago, I didn't pay attention to Meaike. The most important aspect for me was not being a captive agent.
I am brand new to the business and have found great difficulty finding good leads. I have spent tons of money (1000 or more), just to have most of my purchased leads with bad info. (fake names, bad phone numbers, bad emails) I am trying to learn how to generate my owns leads. Being brand new to the business, I would love some advice on how to start generating my own leads. If you have any, my ears are open.

I am brand new to the business and have found great difficulty finding good leads. I have spent tons of money (1000 or more), just to have most of my purchased leads with bad info. (fake names, bad phone numbers, bad emails) I am trying to learn how to generate my owns leads. Being brand new to the business, I would love some advice on how to start generating my own leads. If you have any, my ears are open.

Isn't that what FFL should help with? I'm not being snarky, but from what I can tell they start out at a low commission rate in exchange for training. If you are taking a hit on commission they should definitely be working with you and teaching you how to get leads. At the very least, they should provide you with some info on where to purchase quality leads.

As far generating your own leads go, the first thing that comes to mind is door to door. You won't spend money and it still works. Look up some threads on here about door to door and follow the advice.

Also, just an fyi, I'm not even licensed yet so take pretty much every single thing I say about insurance and insurance lead generation with a grain of salt.

I started at 100% commission so I was happy with that, but the lead sources are horrible. Maybe that's just the nature of the beast.

Interesting. I thought they started out lower. What's the training like? If you have a question, is there someone you can call up or email and get a response right away?

There are training Tues., Thurs. and Fri every week. New agents have exclusive training Thursday nights. Yes, I have several people to call if I need assistance, there's also a facebook forum just for FFL agents, and Whatsapp. I have had questions while with a client and my calls always get answered immediately.

Back